Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tires for a Fuch 16x7" rim
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
DRPHIL914
id like to have a nice looking tire - I know the tires can vary on width even if the numbers are the same- the Potenza hangs over the rim a good bit- id like more than the thickness of 2 credit cards for clearance so short of risking making a mess of the fenders more than they had been I thought someone here might have had clearance issues with 7" rims might have found a good performance tire that is not quite as wide??
DRPHIL914
sorry admin, should have gone in the garage, can you please move this thread?
Mueller
195 is narrower and might work.

A 23mm offset rim isn't going to work on a bone stock unmolested fendered car unless you raise the sucker up so the fender is higher than the tire.
toolguy
The answer that you probably don't want to hear is go to a 6 inch rim on stock fenders.
if you go from 205 to 195 that is only gaining you 5mm or about 1/4 inch clearance on each side at the tread level. . the sidewalls at the rim will be the same. .
yello914
I'm running a 205/45/16 (fenders were previously rolled).
DRPHIL914
There's are 1 year removed from newly refinished and are 9.75/10-
I will trade similar 6" for the 7"
You can see how they hang over the rim quite a ways - maybe a different 205 brand might not be as wide- and 195 would but I'd rather have these tires on a pair of 6" than a tire that didn't really match.

Anyone have a pair 16x6" Fuchs? Maybe a full set of 4 - 16x6" for my 16x6 and 16x7 set(you might have to add some cash depending on condition.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.