Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1979 Porsche 911 SC Targa Slant Nose SUPERCHARGED
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > Ads: All Other Non-914 Stuff
greggearhead
Affectionately called the Green Machine - this Slant nose 3.0 SC has a lot of money put into it. It's a definite love it or hate it car, in a South Miami Beach/Miami Vice type style, but with the money in the engine alone, is worth buying.

It has a slant nose conversion, wide body Strosek style flares, period Rial German mesh wheels, and a built engine with a PAXTON Supercharger. Yes, a blower. With an estimated 300hp, this is as quick, or quicker than many 930 turbos – BUT – without the boost lag, so easier to drive. The engine was built using a rising rate boost-sensitive fuel pressure regulator, MSD Boost retard ignition, B&B Fabrication muffler, lower compression pistons, larger CIS injectors, HD head studs, HD clutch, large center mount oil cooler, new oil lines, upgraded brakes, etc. This engine sounds fantastic. Between the normal 6 cylinder rasp and the blower whine, it will turn heads even without the green color. I have a binder with receipts totaling about $25k.

It had a high end sound system installed as well - MB Quart components, many speakers, and a very large amplifier. Body is actually quite clean in terms of rust. Paint and custom flares are not to the highest standard – there is overspray here and there, etc. But the bones of this car are solid, it's fast, fun and very attention getting. Parked in a sea of more expensive, and more exclusive machinery, this always draws a crowd. Was used as a Stereo shop display vehicle, for that exact reason. With a little TLC to bring it up, would be a great fun-car to drive anywhere, or play the market, sell off the extras and return it to stock.

$30,000

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
greggearhead
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
greggearhead
IPB Image
IPB Image
greggearhead
Bump
2mAn
what was the original color of this car? Is it running on CIS still? 4 speed or 5? Sorry if some of this was in the OP. I got lost in the pics of the green monster
greggearhead
I'm not sure what the orig color was - I want to say Silver, but not sure. I'll try to find out. Yes, still running on CIS. 5 Speed 915 trans.
greggearhead
Price dropped to $30k.
greggearhead
Going back into storage but still available.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.