Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ebay Missed Deal of the Day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Momo Prototipo
I would have liked that one for the race car. Especially at that price!!
Qarl
It's the smaller diameter wheel than the standard Prototipo.

Needed new leather sewn around the edges too... but a good price none-the-less.
MarkV
I didn't think anyone would want it or I would of offered it up here first. It's the smaller diameter wheel & it needs to be recovered. confused24.gif
Qarl
Probably could have fetched over $100 on the 911 Pelican board. They are dying for a silver Prototipo.

I paid $200 for a NOS larger one with silver spokes.
MarkV
Sean, I sent you a photo and the auction ended 5 minutes later. I thought you bought it. If the buyer flakes I will let you know.

Also have this for sale.

My Webpage
MarkV
Might work good at the track. I drove my car around the block w/ it, came home & took it off. Not only did you need arms like Arnold Schwartzineger (sp), it looked kinda silly.
Brad Roberts
Be careful buying the smaller wheels.. you cant see the gauges and your forearms will be HUGE if you go to a wide front tire that is sticky. Most guy's want the small wheel until they drive a car with one for day or so... then they complain.

B
J P Stein
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jun 22 2003, 10:45 PM)
Be careful buying the smaller wheels.. you cant see the gauges and your forearms will be HUGE if you go to a wide front tire that is sticky. Most guy's want the small wheel until they drive a car with one for day or so... then they complain.

B

I took a young lady out for a spin in ulf.....my last fun run of the day at a PCA AX. It was all very relaxed.

She started talking (well, yelling) so I started yelling back. Towards the end of the run the course really tightened up.....4or 5 really tight corners.....nearly full lock stuff...that's when I noticed I was grunting with the effort of steering thru this. I have a small wheel
and up to that point I never noticed how hard I was working......Interestingly enuff, it was my fastest time of the day.

BTW, she was a fox and I thought she was having the big O as we pulled off the course....very...ah...vocal. I ain't complaining..... biggrin.gif
Lawrence
Most guy's want the small wheel until they drive a car with one for day or so... then they complain.

I like driving with my small wheel, until I need to see the gauges. So, I just ignore them. smile.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jun 22 2003, 11:07 PM)

I have a small wheel
and up to that point I never noticed how hard I was working......Interestingly enuff, it was my fastest time of the day.

BTW, she was a fox and I thought she was having the big O as we pulled off the course....very...ah...vocal. I ain't complaining..... biggrin.gif

The Big O just from a small steering wheel? WOW!
Bruce Allert
[quote=J P Stein,Jun 23 2003, 12:07 AM]

B[/QUOTE]

She started talking (well, yelling) so I started yelling back.
BTW, she was a fox and I thought she was having the big O as we pulled off the course....very...ah...vocal. I ain't complaining..... biggrin.gif [/quote]
Were you having the Big "O" when my camera went under yer foot??? laugh.gif You were doin' some yelling then lol3.gif beerchug.gif
Bet she could be heard at the other end of the track!!! smilie_pokal.gif
bruce
seanery
Mark,

I got your email and went to your auction and it was closed. He beat me to it.
I would have put that in the blue car. It's about the same size as the Monte Carlo in there and much more period accurate. I was gonna get one like Karl got from Pel Parts.

No biggie, but you coulda got more if you didn't have the buy-it-now. cool.gif
Lawrence
Anyone know if there's a quality kit out there to recover a Momo?

-Rusty smoke.gif
seanery
I was gonna take it to a couple of Interior shops and see if they could do it.
Red-Beard
Performance products has put these on the discontinued list

ALL 913187
PORSCHE MOMO PROTOTIPO STEERING WHEEL
$374.95 list
$240.00 sale
$134.95 savings

James
seanery
Pelican sells them for less.
Red-Beard
That is probably why they aren't selling...
Mike T
You guys with the small dia. steering wheels. How small? The wheel on my autocross 914 is 13". I use 23x9-15 Goodyears. The streering is, well, firm...

As far ebay auctions go, tonight I just sold a set of '67 Beetle outer door handles and ignition with matching key. Started the price at $0.99, went for $38.50. Gotta love ebay.

Mike T
MarkV
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Jun 23 2003, 05:51 AM)
Anyone know if there's a quality kit out there to recover a Momo?

-Rusty smoke.gif

You can buy a "Wheel Skin" they are an exact fit leather cover. You sew them on w/ the included needle & thread. I think they cost somehere around $50.00.
Qarl
The Pelican and Performance Product Prototipos have black spokes and are a dime a dozen.

The silver spokes are nearly impossible to find.
MarkV
Thanks Karl bootyshake.gif
Qarl
I got sumpin' to stick up that fat ass of yours!

finger.gif

Hee hee.

Hey, as long as everyone is happy. The buyer got a good deal and you were happy to sell it. smilie_pokal.gif
MarkV
QUOTE(kellzey @ Jun 23 2003, 10:17 PM)

Hey, as long as everyone is happy. The buyer got a good deal and you were happy to sell it. smilie_pokal.gif

I thought that would get your attention. :finger2:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.