Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC05 MEETING @ GILROY 101/152...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
neo914-6
Gilroy McDonalds/D Mart parking lot off 152 exit will be the Link/Meeting Place for everyone traveling South on 101.

When: Friday April 22

Meet/eat/check vehicles: 9:00-10:00 AM

DEPARTURE 10:00 AM

Next Stop: Santa Maria @ 1:00-1:30 for 1 hour LUNCH chowtime.gif w/Cap'N - details to follow

Possible Stops: King City, Santa Barbara

Destination: Camarillo by 4-4:30 PM

As of 4/14/05
Let me know if any of this info has changed:
914 white - Chris (Chris Julian), Los Gatos
914 orange - Demick (demick) Union City
914 black - Jeff (Bowlsby), San Jose + Mike (Mueller)
914 yellow - Jeff + pass. (jkeyzer), Mountain View
914 green - Jim & wife (jimtab), Pacifica
914 - Keith & Joan (Keith Sammons), Hayward
914 orange - Ken & wife (ken schipper), San Juan Bautista
914 blue - Leo (Leo Imperial) Richmond
914 grey - Marty & Debbie (Marty Yeoman), San Ramon
914 orange - Matt & dad (plas76targa),Pleasanton
914 red - Mike (mikerose) Pittsburg
914 yellow - Tom and son (carreraguy) San Jose
300E - Felix (Neo914), San Jose

Towing 914's:
914 red - Andrew and Dan
914 black - Mark (McMark), Napa

Tom will take a pic of this momentous pre-WCC05 meet:
For pics, lets just plan on parking opposite each other in the area of the DMart lot closest to McD's and work our way toward's the front of DMart; i.e. the location of the above shot. We should try to avoid parking too close to their front door as I would not want to piss them off to much for taking up their spaces, even though its only for an hour or so. Will plan on taking a group pic too.
Mueller
I'm driving down with Jeff Bowlsby.....riding back with Jenny driving-girl.gif
neo914-6
PM your cell numbers to Jim Chambers who will print a list for each car so folks can contact each other while on route. Code word will be "HELP". Send info to jimchambers41@hotmail.com who will distribute the list in Gilroy. List your car's color and license #, 2 way radios, if you have road service membership, tools, and parts as well biggrin.gif

Who can take point? Those of us with pull toys will take up the rear... bootyshake.gif

Here's the non-stop route from Gilroy to Santa Maria:
Cap'n Krusty
Got it! I'll look for a final number Wednesday, and the arrangements are on! The Cap'n
Porsche Rescue
At this point we have 9 mouths to feed coming from OR, WA, CN.
We will stay near Stockton and come over 152 to be in Gilroy about 9:30. We have four 914's, one Audi from Regina Saskatchewan and Camp Counselor Craig in his Jeep with tow dolly.
MartyYeoman
Count my wife (Debbie) in the passenger seat. chatsmiley.gif
dan10101
Our plan is to join the group in Gilroy between 9 and 9:30am on Friday. We'll be towing a trailer. It's been years since I've been on 101 so hopefully it's still pretty straight compaired to 1. Look forward to meeting up with the crew for a cruse down the coast.

Last minute repairs continue. We may have to strap Andrew to the trailer so he can finish sanding and spraying the primer. ( don't ride behind us...) smash.gif No paint this year, maybe next. At least we'll have a car and a way to get it home in case something gets toasted. (Besides the tires).

driving.gif
mightyohm
I'll have a passenger both ways.
carreraguy
Felix:

My son will be in passenger seat both ways.

Recommend you delete "Leavesley" from the first sentence in the first post of this thread since Leavesley is one exit north of the correct 10th St./152E exit off 101.
neo914-6
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 14 2005, 06:27 PM)
Got it!  I'll look for a final number Wednesday, and the arrangements are on!  The Cap'n

Post a menu or will you spring a surprise? I can chowtime.gif almost anything...

Let's give him a count so they can be prepared...
McMark
I'll be towing. Now I just have to decide if I'm going to get up at 5 am to make Gilroy in time or go down the night before. I wonder if I can sleep in the McD parking lot. I'm kinda like family. wink.gif
Porsche Rescue
It now looks like 10 people from the far north will rendevous with the locals in Gilroy.

I have cell numbers for the following:

OR, WA, CN

Al Blose
Rich Dauenhauer
Brad Kogut
Craig Laughlin
Jim Chambers

No. CA

Jeff Bowlsby
Demick Boyden
Dan and Andrew Dalen
Chris Julian
Jeff Keyser
Mike Mueller
Felix Pabros
Matt Plasket
Ken and Kathy Schipper
Jenny Shyu
Tom Trudell
Marty Yeoman
Allan
Cool, I can meet up with everyone in Santa Maria. Are you all headed to the Capn's shop?
914werke
I guess I dont Rate mad.gif
Porsche Rescue
Oops. Fixed it Rich. Left off 3 names that I had on a note pad and not yet entered into the computer.
plas76targa
Felix - slight edit for me. My Dad's going to come along instead of my wife.

Marty Yeoman and I will start a minicaravan from San Ramon / Pleasanton Friday am. Prol' leave Pleasanton NLT 7:30 am. Any one else want to hook up?
rhodyguy
i won't be on a phone list but add me to the pack list. channel 2 on the walkie-talkie. "copy breaker?".

k
ablose58
When are we leaving, when are we leaving, hehehehe can't wait ,this is gonna be great smilie_pokal.gif
Porsche Rescue
Kevin is going to argue with this, but I think we should leave the Sweetbriar at 8:00 am Thursday. We go 600 miles to the motel in north Stockton. All is on I-5. With plenty of short potty stops, a gas stop or two and a 30 minute lunch we should be there easily by 7pm. Speed limit in OR is mostly 65 and CA is 70 (could be 75, can't remember). Should be able to average well over 60. No reason to get to the motel any earlier. Nothin' to do but a drink or two and dinner, then to bed (at least for the old folks).
On the road Friday by 7:30 gets us to Gilroy at 9:30. Could leave at 7:00 if we want to hang out with the N. Cal. guys a while longer in the parking lot and begin the study of 914's. Sorta practice for the real thing.
rhodyguy
the only thing i intend to discuss is speedo error. 8 is going to be just fine. i'll be awake at 5-5:30 anyway. i'll catch up on all the exciting news in the oregonian. just more lots more coffee to drink and more stops to make. biggrin.gif

k
Porsche Rescue
I'm ready to be the speedo calibrator. I have stock size tires on my car and I think mine is very close to dead on.
neo914-6
Everyone who hasn't yet, check in so we will look out for you. We also need a head count for lunch in Santa Maria!

Check first page updates.
McMark
I'm in and on the phone list.
neo914-6
What time are people returning on Monday? Anyone returning Sunday? Return caravan?

This route will likely take I5 so we should plan on where to cross-over if not 152 Pacheco Pass...
nebreitling
hey felix

thanks for doing this. zoya and i will NOT be in the caravan. we have to leave later that evening, and plan on getting in at a pretty nasty hour. beerchug.gif n
Mueller
Jenny and I (and possibly Jim Tabbers (sp?) wife) will be heading back to the Bay Area (the only one in my book Rich, hahahaha) on Sunday...no idea if it'll be AM or PM
carreraguy
We'll be heading back after the last runs at Willow; I expect a few others will likely do the same. I plan on taking 5/152E. I suppose anyone willing to caravan can set it up ad hoc directly after the "official" close of WCC '05.
neo914-6
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Apr 18 2005, 06:46 PM)
hey felix

thanks for doing this. zoya and i will NOT be in the caravan. we have to leave later that evening, and plan on getting in at a pretty nasty hour. beerchug.gif n

Don't make too much noise when you arrive, we'll all be sleeping... laugh.gif
bondo
I'll be joining you guys at San Luis Obispo. (About 30 mins before you get to Santa Maria) This is gonna be grand! driving.gif
mightyohm
You gonna sit at an overpass with binoculars? biggrin.gif
bondo
QUOTE (jkeyzer @ Apr 19 2005, 09:38 AM)
You gonna sit at an overpass with binoculars? biggrin.gif

No, you're going to call me when you get to Atascadero, and then I'm going to leave Los Osos. Then I'll wait near the off ramp and call you to get a play by play of the exits you're passing. Once you tell me you're at Madonna road, I'll start looking for 914s, and head down the onramp after I see the leader.

I've got it all planned out. With luck I'll even have a full tank of gas. smile.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (bondo @ Apr 19 2005, 08:43 AM)
QUOTE (jkeyzer @ Apr 19 2005, 09:38 AM)
You gonna sit at an overpass with binoculars?   biggrin.gif

No, you're going to call me when you get to Atascadero, and then I'm going to leave Los Osos. Then I'll wait near the off ramp and call you to get a play by play of the exits you're passing. Once you tell me you're at Madonna road, I'll start looking for 914s, and head down the onramp after I see the leader.

I've got it all planned out. With luck I'll even have a full tank of gas. smile.gif

Royce,

Try to take some pics of the "pack". What car are you driving?
bondo
I'll be in the 914 that I'm trying to sell. With luck it will be all one color by then. I'll try to take pics, but I won't have a passenger, so it'll be tricky. (my wife is driving down later after her work)
Cap'n Krusty
The Menu:

Santa Maria style tri-tip sandwiches on a roll, served hot, with your choice of medium or hot salsa fresca

Macaroni salad

Green salad

Your choice of a variety of soft drinks or bottled water. I'm planning to get a variety of 2 litre sodas and chilling them down (Coke, Diet Coke, Squirt, 7up, Dr Pepper, Root Beer). If there are any special preferences in drinks lemme know by Wednesday at 6PM, as that's when we're going to the store.

Lunch will be 6 bucks. The Cap'n
neo914-6
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 19 2005, 11:22 AM)
The Menu:

Santa Maria style tri-tip sandwiches on a roll, served hot, with your choice of medium or hot salsa fresca

Macaroni salad

Green salad

Your choice of a variety of soft drinks or bottled water. I'm planning to get a variety of 2 litre sodas and chilling them down (Coke, Diet Coke, Squirt, 7up, Dr Pepper, Root Beer). If there are any special preferences in drinks lemme know by Wednesday at 6PM, as that's when we're going to the store.

Cap'n,

There should be a total of 30-35 mouths to feed arriving from the North ~ 1:00.

Which exit and what address?
bondo
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Apr 19 2005, 01:44 PM)

Cap'n,

I know how to get there, if you want I could take the lead when we get to Santa Maria and lead us there.
bondo
QUOTE (bondo @ Apr 19 2005, 01:48 PM)

Cap'n,

I know how to get there, if you want I could take the lead when we get to Santa Maria and lead us there.

Well... I know how to get there IF it's at the Cap'n's shop.. anywhere else and I have no clue. smile.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (bondo @ Apr 19 2005, 12:48 PM)

Cap'n,

Sounds like a plan, what color is your car? PM me your cell#.
Cap'n Krusty
Directions: First right after the SM river bridge. That's Broadway. Continue south 1.7 miles to the stop light at Fesler. There's a Mc Donalds on the SE corner. Turn Left on Fesler, and go ONE block. Turn right onto Mc Clelland and go one block to East Mill. Turn right and go to the third driveway on the right. We'll try to have room for all of you. Looks like the shops with which we share the parking lots are gonna be closed, giving us plenty of room.......If not, there's a parking lot across the street. If you need a map, get one on Mapquest for 105 B East Mill, Santa Maria, CA 93454-4122
West Coast Garage's phone number is 805 925 1993. The leader of the pack should call me as it gets to Arroyo Grande so I can get the sandwiches delivered. The Cap'n
Howard
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 19 2005, 12:22 PM)
The Menu:

Macaroni salad

Green salad

Two to go, please. Medium salsa, skip the salad. Deliver to Howard or Bob at Hampton Inn and claim your free gift!
Jenny
I won't get to head out of the south bay until 12:30 or so. I'm on the contact list just in case. Hopefully Jim gets a copy out to me before friday?!?! unsure.gif I'll be flying solo.

Planning on heading out Sunday after everyone scoots on to Lancaster. No reason to hang around past that, I figure. I'll have Mueller and Lyn Tabor in the Subie with me on the way back up.

Jen
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Howard @ Apr 19 2005, 02:50 PM)
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 19 2005, 12:22 PM)
The Menu:

Santa Maria style tri-tip sandwiches on a roll, served hot,  with your choice of medium or hot salsa fresca

Macaroni salad

Green salad

Your choice of a variety of soft drinks or bottled water.  I'm planning to get a variety of 2 litre sodas and chilling them down (Coke, Diet Coke, Squirt, 7up, Dr Pepper, Root Beer).  If there are any special preferences in drinks lemme know by Wednesday at 6PM, as that's when we're going to the store.

Lunch will be 6 bucks.  The Cap'n

Two to go, please. Medium salsa, skip the salad. Deliver to Howard or Bob at Hampton Inn and claim your free gift!

Coming right up! The delivery charge is gonna kill you .........
Seriously, if you want 'em, somebody can bring you a couple of servings ................................. The Cap'n
Howard
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 19 2005, 05:03 PM)
Seriously, if you want 'em, somebody can bring you a couple of servings ................................. The Cap'n

I never kid about Tri-Tip. How about delivering them yourself. I'll waive your track fees biggrin.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (Howard @ Apr 19 2005, 04:17 PM)
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 19 2005, 05:03 PM)
Seriously, if you want 'em, somebody can bring you a couple of servings .................................  The Cap'n

I never kid about Tri-Tip. How about delivering them yourself. I'll waive your track fees biggrin.gif

You can wrap it in foil and lay it on your engine to keep warm, that's what some truckers do. laugh.gif

markb
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Apr 19 2005, 12:44 PM)
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 19 2005, 11:22 AM)
The Menu:

Santa Maria style tri-tip sandwiches on a roll, served hot,  with your choice of medium or hot salsa fresca

Macaroni salad

Green salad

Your choice of a variety of soft drinks or bottled water.  I'm planning to get a variety of 2 litre sodas and chilling them down (Coke, Diet Coke, Squirt, 7up, Dr Pepper, Root Beer).  If there are any special preferences in drinks lemme know by Wednesday at 6PM, as that's when we're going to the store.

Lunch will be 6 bucks.  The Cap'n

Cap'n,

So, we still looking at 30 to 35 people for lunch?
bondo
QUOTE (markb @ Apr 20 2005, 11:42 AM)

So, we still looking at 30 to 35 people for lunch?

I'll be there! (sans wife, she'll be driving down fri night or sat morning)

it IS at the shop, right?
markb
Yup, at the shop. smile.gif
Porsche Rescue
Mark,
I think Felix included the group from Oregon, Washington and Saskatchewan in the 30-35 estimate but not certain. We will be 10 if everyone's car behaves, especially mine!
neo914-6
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Apr 20 2005, 11:01 AM)
Mark,
I think Felix included the group from Oregon, Washington and Saskatchewan in the 30-35 estimate but not certain. We will be 10 if everyone's car behaves, especially mine!

Yep, my count of the list from Bay Area is 23 but I haven't heard from Keith Sammons, Ken Schipper and their spouses. That gives us 18-23 plus the 10 from PNW/CAN = 28-33 (+/-4) Plan for the high number and we could always take some to go... burnout.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Apr 20 2005, 11:22 AM)
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Apr 20 2005, 11:01 AM)
Mark,

Yep, my count of the list from Bay Area is 23 but I haven't heard from Keith Sammons, Ken Schipper and their spouses. That gives us 18-23 plus the 10 from PNW/CAN = 28-33 (+/-4) Plan for the high number and we could always take some to go... burnout.gif

Cap'n,

New count, my relatives are coming so it's up to 75... laugh.gif

Actually 24 in the Bay Area caravan, Keith and Ken confirmed. Add the 10 from PNW+. Add Royce and the others and you have your total.

Thanks for letting us raid your crib!

party.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.