Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is my 73 914 worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
forrest39
I'm looking to sell my 73 914. It was originally a 1.7. I found a GA case 2.0 and rebuilt it. I put it up on craigslist for $8k thinking it was 'correct' and should get close to a numbers matching 2.0 price.
Clearly I was wrong here. I will be updating my description to include that it is originally a 1.7 car and update the price accordingly. Can I get some feedback on what a reasonable price should be?
Here is a link to some pictures.

http://s777.photobucket.com/user/kevinjakey/library/914

Any advice is appreciated.
-Kevin
bobboinski
QUOTE(forrest39 @ Aug 31 2016, 07:23 PM) *

I'm looking to sell my 73 914. It was originally a 1.7. I found a GA case 2.0 and rebuilt it. I put it up on craigslist for $8k thinking it was 'correct' and should get close to a numbers matching 2.0 price.
Clearly I was wrong here. I will be updating my description to include that it is originally a 1.7 car and update the price accordingly. Can I get some feedback on what a reasonable price should be?

-Kevin

I replied to your craigslist ad last weekend and you never responded. Hard to sell the car like that. And no, I'm no longer interested. But if you want to sell it, the first step would be to reply to those who are interested, IMHO. Also, after reading this post your craigslist ad was misleading, sounding like the car was originally a 2.0. I think disclosing everything upfront is the best policy, but that's just me.
forrest39
my apologies. I have responded to all of emails that craigslist has forwarded. If you didn't get a response it wasn't intentional.

I had not intended to mis-represent the car but clearly I have. I am simply trying to pass it on to someone that will appreciate it. Until I have a clear idea of price, I will pull the ad off CL.

Thanks, -Kevin

QUOTE(bobboinski @ Aug 31 2016, 07:41 PM) *

QUOTE(forrest39 @ Aug 31 2016, 07:23 PM) *

-Kevin

I replied to your craigslist ad last weekend and you never responded. Hard to sell the car like that. And no, I'm no longer interested. But if you want to sell it, the first step would be to reply to those who are interested, IMHO.
JeffBowlsby
I dunno Kev...at first glance it looks like a pretty decent driver quality car / resto candidate to me. If its as clean and straight as presented, and mech/elect solid, I would think that 6-8K is not unreasonable. Numbers matching does affect value in a big way, but not everyone cares about a SN on an engine case if all else is good and the price is right. Where is it located?
forrest39
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 31 2016, 10:18 PM) *

I dunno Kev...at first glance it looks like a pretty decent driver quality car / resto candidate to me. If its as clean and straight as presented, and mech/elect solid, I would think that 6-8K is not reasonable. Numbers matching does affect value in a big way, but not everyone cares about a SN on an engine case if all else is good and the price is right. Where is it located?

Thanks for the help Jeff,
My 914 is at a hangar at Frazier Lake Airpark between Gilroy and Hollister. My timing could not have been worse because work takes me out of town after Friday for roughly 10 days. I am working on a narrative to describe what has been done mechanically with the car and will post before I head out. If there are better pictures that I can provide, please make suggestions.
Thanks, -Kevin
carl s
Hell hole looks ok, it's certainly a car that I would consider at the $8k price tag
Mueller
Kevin, do you know Fred Young? He was a teacher of mine for my A&P school down there at the Hollister Airport.

Good luck on the sale of the car!
Cairo94507
Kevin - We all make mistakes. I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong dry.gif .

Seriously, that appears to be a decent 914 and I agree with Jeff that it is in the $6-8K range as is appears, Now if you can provide more information, receipts, etc., the price may climb. I am not sure if it is just my computer, but a lot of the pictures were extreme close ups that really did nothing for me in terms of assessing the condition of the car. I am not sure if you have the ability to take it to a shop with a rack and get some pictures of the underneath, but that would help in determining condition.

Unless you are in a rush to sell it, take your time to collect information on the car and take some good photos and then post a comprehensive add. Pictures and documents sell cars of this age. 100% candor will always help too.

Good luck with the sale.
914runnow
If There is a local teener smart on these cars...buy em a beer
and have them put some eyes on it..
give you an opinion......
no reason to leave money on the table...
seems to be a good deal.....
good luck with the sale..
forrest39
These are all good ideas, and I thank you for the input. I will be away from home for work for roughly two weeks. I hope to relist the car upon my return with an accurate description and a reasonable price.

Thanks again for all of the help,
-Kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.