Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: thermostat bellows
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
oakdalecurtis
Finally decided to make my thermostat work, need replacement, best source?
Anybody have any experience with AA's replacement thermostat which is a little different than the stock bellows? FI 2.0 btw.
Click to view attachment
rmdinmd
You can try these guys for a new one. http://awesomepowdercoat.com/thermostat_ne...ed_rebuilt.html

Am sure there are used ones available on world also.
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(rmdinmd @ Sep 1 2016, 10:45 AM) *

You can try these guys for a new one. http://awesomepowdercoat.com/thermostat_ne...ed_rebuilt.html

Am sure there are used ones available on world also.

Thanks Rmdin, saw those, AA has new ones for less than the even awesome's refurbs, but AA's are slightly different, George said modifications are slight and easy to make work, anyone know?
mark04usa
There is one important difference between the two thermostats. The original (and the Awesome Powdercoat replacement) are fail-safe. If the part fails, it will typically then allow full cooling but will no longer close the flaps for warm-up. If the AA style replacement fails, it will fail in restricted cooling, warm-up mode, which could result in costly overheating headbang.gif
Amphicar770
I have one from awesome powdercoat. Works great, fits just like the original. Don't forget the new wire and (if you need it) the pulley.
914Sixer
Made in the USA ones on Ebay $129
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(mark04usa @ Sep 1 2016, 11:58 AM) *

There is one important difference between the two thermostats. The original (and the Awesome Powdercoat replacement) are fail-safe. If the part fails, it will typically then allow full cooling but will no longer close the flaps for warm-up. If the AA style replacement fails, it will fail in restricted cooling, warm-up mode, which could result in costly overheating headbang.gif

Thanks for letting me know about the fail condition, that's a big deal and a no go on AA thermostat!
Optimusglen
It's worth noting that I haven't actually seen a new style fail. Anyone else hear of one failing yet?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.