Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB hand brake assembly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Localboy808
Looking for a good working handbrake assembly for my 72. It's the folding type. I'm not sure if it was the same for all years or if there were solid non folding handles. Mine has a folding style but does not work. Missing parts and will not click and hold when pulled up. LMK!

Thanks, Scott.
euro911
IIRC, the late '72 models (when they went to a moveable passenger seat) is when they switched to the non-folding E-brake levers.
914Sixer
I have some late ones if you want to upgrade.
Localboy808
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 3 2016, 03:47 AM) *

IIRC, the late '72 models (when they went to a moveable passenger seat) is when they switched to the non-folding E-brake levers.

Hmm. Well my seat is movable. Back and forth and tilting. But who knows what was changed over the years with this car.
Localboy808
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 3 2016, 08:18 AM) *

How much of a difference does it make getting in and out of the car with the handbrake engaged? Is it just a bolt on change or are there any other modifications that need to be done? I'm not too worried about it being period correct I guess. You can pm me a picture and price shipped to 93551.

Thanks! Scott
bdstone914
QUOTE(Localboy808 @ Sep 3 2016, 06:26 AM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 3 2016, 08:18 AM) *

How much of a difference does it make getting in and out of the car with the handbrake engaged? Is it just a bolt on change or are there any other modifications that need to be done? I'm not too worried about it being period correct I guess. You can pm me a picture and price shipped to 93551.

Thanks! Scott

Makes no difference getting in an out of the car. I did one conversion. You have to cut off the stop tab welded to the long. Go with a late handle.
Bruce
Localboy808
So the plot thickens. I won a early folding handbrake off of eBay. But it appears now that my handbrake may be fine and I am missing the portion that attaches to the bolt below the hinge bushing point. Is this also needed when converting to a newer style non-folding handbrake? Anyone have one?! It's a long story but this purchase is turning into a nightmare. I cannot get the car registered until I repair this along with some wiring issues. It needs to pass a brake/lamp inspection due to a salvaged title. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.