Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Side window fittment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Biggles
Hi All,

please can someone advise me if the fitting of the rubber to the side windows on my 1970 -6 car is correct.

There is some gaps and i'm wondering if this is normal ? They're supposed to be Porsche rubbers.

thanks

Chris.
rgalla9146
Does your car have later model doors ? I think they are.
I'm not sure that that in itself is an issue. ('they're all the same") To install any door from a different car requires adjustment of the door to the adjoining panels and then attention to the fit of the window.
That roof seal does appear OE to me.
There are early and late seals. One version has an additional flap, can't remember which.
Any car should should have all of the same variety.
Biggles
Why do you think they are later doors and why should that matter?
They don't have the crash bars inside so I'm assuming they are the original early ones
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Biggles @ Sep 4 2016, 05:30 AM) *

Why do you think they are later doors and why should that matter?
They don't have the crash bars inside so I'm assuming they are the original early ones

The plastic piece at the rear of the glass and the hole below it are late door features. One way or the other , the parts, the adjustments and patience are up to you.
EdwardBlume
No, that's not right. Looks like the window mechanism needs to be adjusted upwards.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 4 2016, 09:29 AM) *

No, that's not right. Looks like the window mechanism needs to be adjusted upwards.

pictured is the detail of an early door.....coincidentally a 914 6
Parts, adjustment and patience will improve the fit of your windows.
Few adjustments are done without affecting something else.
Biggles
could have some pictures of what a -6 rubber looks like at the top of the window please ?

See attached picture.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.