Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 VW Porsche emblem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
earossi
Having recently completed a 914/6 conversion, I would like to add a proper emblem to the rear valence. The one I am looking for is the gold one which spells out "914-6 VW Porsche". Porsche has discontinued this emblem. Does anyone know where I can source one for our car?
914Sixer
Put up an WTB in the classifieds and see what comes up.
GeorgeRud
You might try Auto Atlanta (they list one on their website for $175) or perhaps Mittelmotor. They'd be pretty rare in the states, though the 914-6 emblem has been reproduced.
porschetub
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Sep 4 2016, 01:53 PM) *

You might try Auto Atlanta (they list one on their website for $175) or perhaps Mittelmotor. They'd be pretty rare in the states, though the 914-6 emblem has been reproduced.

Was quoted $276 from SMC after they said it was on special for about half that and I had purchased it,at least I got my money back,thought I was dealing with another seller on the other side of the US sad.gif .
Unobtanium-inc
They are out there, we had this one a couple of years ago, it didn't sell for much.

Keep your eye out.
ConeDodger
AA doesn't actually have one. They'll take your order and fifteen years from now, when they come up with one, they'll charge you for it and send it.

I got mine on eBay. It was over $300. Good luck.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(earossi @ Sep 3 2016, 06:19 PM) *

I would like to add a proper emblem to the rear valence.

This is not the proper emblem unless your car is a European 914-4. They are cool though...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Sep 5 2016, 12:07 AM) *

This is not the proper emblem unless your car is a European 914-4. They are cool though...

Wait... Is the guy with the Audi turbo motor and the Cayman transmission in a 914 telling someone they can't put an emblem on their car because it isn't original?? av-943.gif slap.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 4 2016, 09:17 PM) *

Wait... Is the guy with the Audi turbo motor and the Cayman transmission in a 914 telling someone they can't put an emblem on their car because it isn't original?? av-943.gif slap.gif

I'm just pointing out a fact. Never said I had anything proper.
Larmo63
I talked to Jorge at Sierra Madre personally and he said they source them from Germany.
GeorgeRud
It's these sorts of parts that will lend themselves to the 3D printers!
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 4 2016, 11:51 PM) *

AA doesn't actually have one. They'll take your order and fifteen years from now, when they come up with one, they'll charge you for it and send it.

agree.gif mad.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Sep 5 2016, 12:49 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 4 2016, 09:17 PM) *

I'm just pointing out a fact. Never said I had anything proper.

Just f'n witchu Mike... happy11.gif
Mikey914
Uhhh... I have a sample one......how many do we need?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 5 2016, 09:01 AM) *

All of them. smile.gif
SirAndy
Would now be a good time to mention that i cut up a real OEM one many years ago to make my 916 badge?
blink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Sep 4 2016, 08:41 PM) *
They are out there, we had this one a couple of years ago, it didn't sell for much.
Keep your eye out.

Yours is missing the 6 part ...
shades.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 5 2016, 01:13 PM) *

Would now be a good time to mention that i cut up a real OEM one many years ago to make my 916 badge?
blink.gif

Well, let's face it Andy. It's not like $300 is $3million right? You're probably good. Now letting that 6 chassis marinade in the Napa sun? Well, that's a crime. dry.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 5 2016, 10:52 AM) *
Now letting that 6 chassis marinade in the Napa sun? Well, that's a crime. dry.gif

I like my 914s "well done" ...
smile.gif
Madswede
I suppose I enjoy having this on my car even though it's not correct for a /6 ... But my /6 isn't period-correct for the chassis, and my /6 is modified as well. Still, the stuff on my car that isn't custom remains about 50-50 VW-Porsche and I like Mustangs and Camaros to know that as I go by. shades.gif Click to view attachment
porschetub
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Sep 5 2016, 03:41 PM) *

Keep your eye out.

Sorry double post.
porschetub
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Sep 5 2016, 03:41 PM) *

Keep your eye out.

This isn't the one the OP is talking about Adam,the one you have shown is for the 4 cyl European car.
I think AA had them on ebay @ one stage,I think a repop that they do...not sure.
Cuda911

I'd be in for two VW-Porsche emblems, for a reasonable price. I'd vastly prefer stick-on ones over ones that I'd have to drill holes for the pins.
earossi
Update: Since I have posted this topic, there hasn't been anyone to come forward with a source for the desired emblem. So, I took the political route and ordered the emblem from Auto Atlanta ;last night. $175 which is steep, but I really want that item. Unfortunately, within 2 hours of receiving my order, I got a robo notification that the item is on back order! You guys called it. The note stated that there could be up to a 30 day delay in sending out the item. I can live with that; but, got a chuckle after someone suspected that that would be the route AA would take. Live and learn.
Mikey914
Well might be worth looking into these.
earossi
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 6 2016, 08:45 PM) *

Well might be worth looking into these.

Was there a link attached to this post?
euro911
Yeah, I sent you a gold one last year cool_shades.gif

IPB Image
Mikey914
I'm working on these and will let you know where these are budgeted at in the next few days.
Mark
earossi
Miley, will you offer the badge designated for the 914-6 as well? That is the one I'm in search of.
mepstein
QUOTE(earossi @ Sep 7 2016, 07:23 AM) *

Miley, will you offer the badge designated for the 914-6 as well? That is the one I'm in search of.

The one AA offers is not correct.
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Sep 4 2016, 08:41 PM) *

Keep your eye out.

My thoughts on why sales were "slow" slow...there was not a spike of folks interested in the 914..now we have so many that like to participate in the latest Porsche gold rush...demand will spike... Just my .02.

These long discontinued NLA from PAG...are very very scarce. I sold my one and only NOS one about nine months ago in the F/S section ( bought it ages ago ).. Maybe this will be an item that PAG will have reproduced in the future.
In the mean time, I guess anything that looks good - but not perfect , you should evaluate it.
Good luck
Larmo63
I think Sierra Madre Collection in Pasadena stocks these.

I stated it earlier in the thread.
EdwardBlume
I could use a 914-6 badge. Thx
altitude411
agree.gif In for one as well piratenanner.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 7 2016, 12:33 AM) *

Wrong one, the OP is talking about the 914-6 badge ...
shades.gif
Mikey914
It's not this one?
Mikey914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 7 2016, 04:59 AM) *

QUOTE(earossi @ Sep 7 2016, 07:23 AM) *

The one AA offers is not correct.

Got it, needs the 6
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 7 2016, 10:28 AM) *
It's not this one?

Nope, it's missing the -6. Yours is for a -4 ...
shades.gif
SirAndy
Like dis:

IPB Image
euro911
Ah, I guess I missed the '6' in the OP's question unsure.gif

I didn't know the 914 '-6's had VW-PORSCHE badging/emblems ... I thought it was just the '-4's with the T-4 motors? confused24.gif
Eric_Shea
We have one here. Jim was going to scan it.
mb911
In for a 6 one
earossi
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 7 2016, 02:21 PM) *

Like dis:

IPB Image

Exactly!! AA has them for $175 if you are willing to wait on a "Back Order".
euro911
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 7 2016, 07:05 AM) *
I think Sierra Madre Collection in Pasadena stocks these.

I stated it earlier in the thread.
Yes they do ... only $288.51 each yikes.gif

screwy.gif
earossi
QUOTE(earossi @ Sep 7 2016, 08:24 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 7 2016, 02:21 PM) *

Like dis:

IPB Image

Exactly!! AA has them for $175 if you are willing to wait on a "Back Order".

And, I finally checked the Sierra Madre website. They list the proper OEM emblem for the /6. Unfortunately, they list it at a price of $288! Oddly, they have the same emblem without the -6.......at a cost of $98. So, it will cost me $190 additional to get an emblem with the -6 included! I understand that they have to order this from Germany, but the cost of one emblem borders on the ridiculous. I wonder if anyone ever buys one.
eric914
in for a 6 one as well
Madswede
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 7 2016, 11:09 AM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 7 2016, 12:33 AM) *

Wrong one, the OP is talking about the 914-6 badge ...
shades.gif

That's the one you sent me last year Mark, not to say you may have also sent one to Mikey. bye1.gif I knew it wasn't a /6 badge but as I said in my earlier post, I don't care. I'm very happy with it. But yeah, not what the OP is after.
OllieG
Me too...for a '6' one.

smile.gif
Nutter965
I'm in for a "6" one to, i purchased one from Auto Atlanta but it was rubbish so sent it back ! cost me the shipping both ways and the import duty !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.