Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 911 Carrera Later 3.5" Front Calipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Korijo914
For Sale is a pair of 911 Carrera front Calipers from a 1986 and up (I believe). I am not sure of the exact year, but from pictures, you probably might be able to tell.

$325 shipped.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
bdstone914
Thise are not 911 calipers
Look like 944 calipers which do not fit without modification. The bolt spacing should be about 3.75 inches.
Korijo914
Nope, Bruce! They are 911 calipers, according to the seller on the 911 parts for sale list on Pelican Parts.

Do you know what year they are, Bruce?
kahluver
Those look like 944 turbo calipers. They are not standard Carrera or 911 calipers.
mepstein
These are F&R Carrera calipers. Eric Shea worked them for me so I have no doubt what they are.
raynekat
911 Carrera calipers never had twin pistons as far as I know....
Also the pad retainers are not 911 typical.

Just search on Ebay for "Porsche 944 calipers" and all the pics look like what is being offered here.
Mikey914
Sad thing is the rebuild kits are VERY expensive.
Korijo914
Looks like I have been screwed again, by buying something from the internet, God, I am just trying to help my boys build some cool cars!

I don't even know who I bought them from? AARRGG!

I am starting to effin' hate this world!

Sorry for calling you out, Bruce!

Thanks for all your info, guys!
bdstone914
They are not bad calipers just not what you think they are. The caliper bolt holes can be elongated to 3.5 inches and they will fit a late 911 front end. Rebuilds are expensive but they rarely need it. I searched ebay lately and found them selling for about $200 a pair. If you want to identify them get the casting numbers from the inside the housings or measure the piston diameters.
Korijo914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 7 2016, 06:11 AM) *

They are not bad calipers just not what you think they are. The caliper bolt holes can be elongated to 3.5 inches and they will fit a late 911 front end. Rebuilds are expensive but they rarely need it. I searched ebay lately and found them selling for about $200 a pair. If you want to identify them get the casting numbers from the inside the housings or measure the piston diameters.

Thanks Bruce!

I will have someone help find out what they are!

Again, I am sorry about the mean talk before.

Korijo914
porschetub
QUOTE(Korijo914 @ Sep 8 2016, 07:44 AM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 7 2016, 06:11 AM) *

Thanks Bruce!

I will have someone help find out what they are!

Again, I am sorry about the mean talk before.

Korijo914

FYI I have these on my car,PO had them engineered to fit ,he told me they were from a 1990 944 S2.
Mikey914
They are great brakes, just the rebuild kits are about $90. I had them on my 951 and it would stop on a dime, I'm sure on a 914 they would be awesome
Korijo914
I tested the pistons and they were working great! Maybe they don't need the rebuild kits.
racerbvd
A modified one, mounted to a 88 Carrera strut.
Those calipers were used on 951s ajd 944S2s.Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.