Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 3L conversion, asking $27,500
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
a914luvr
----SALE PENDING----

For sale is my 1974 914-6 conversion car. I'm asking $27,500 for it as it sits. I bought this car as a project and nearly finished it with a lot of help from my good friends SLITS (RIP my friend). This 914 has a 1980-83 3L (not sure what year the engine is, there's no serial # on the case). The engine has Carrera tensioners, OE 914-6 heat exchangers and a fresh top end with all new valves, valve guides and new 20/21 grind cams from WebCam. It’s running PMO 40mm carbs that were shipped to Richard at PMO for updates and jetting to run with this engine. On top of the PMO’s are K&N water shield air cleaners and underneath are the proper PMO manifolds for a 3L engine. The car has a new later type 914 OE fuel pump and an aftermarket 914-6 hand throttle. The pump is mounted up front in the stock location for late 914’s. I’m running an older style PMO fuel pressure regulator in the engine bay and 914-6 style throttle linkage using a bell crank on the tranny. The ignition is an early Electromotive crank fire. The tranny has all new synchro’s and new mounts.
This car has the OE front and rear sway bars. I converted it to 5-lug, installed 4 new Bilsteins and new 100# rear springs. I also replaced the ball joints, installed turbo tie rods and 4 new CV boots. The brake system was thoroughly freshened. I have rebuilt 911 “A” calipers on the front and rebuilt stock 914 4cyl calipers in back. The car has a new master cylinder, brake hoses and a rebuilt pedal cluster. It’s sitting on refinished 15 x 6 Fuchs. The tires have lots of tread, but are almost 10 years old. I bought the car with a Behr front oil cooler and a high quality, weld-in firewall mount already installed. The oil cooler is plumbed with braided stainless lines routed thru the passenger’s side heater tube in the body with AN fittings and connects to a real NOS 914-6 oil tank. There is no thermostat.
Outside, the car's been repainted the original Delphi green metallic. It looks good in the pics and at 20’ but needs color sanding and buffing. It has a few chips and runs in the paint. It was painted outdoors by the previous owner. The targa bar vinyl has been replaced. The good news is there’s no rust. The longs, jack points, floor pans, rear trunk and hell hole are all clean. The doors and deck lids shut smooth and easy and have near perfect gaps as do the headlight doors. The car has been rekeyed so all the locks work with the master key.
Inside, there’s a new interior and carpet kit. The dash is beautiful and has no cracks. The roll bar pad is also excellent. The door panels are OE and excellent as well. I’ve also installed a 911 inspired combo gauge and MOMO Prototipo steering wheel. The interior light was deleted but could be reinstalled.
The 2 primary things this car still needs is an alignment and a replacement cooling fan. I can’t seem to keep a belt on the engine and discovered today that the new pulley halve I bought fits sloppy on the fan. It does run great though and really drives pretty well although it can’t really be driven anywhere right now because I don’t have a belt on at the moment. The tranny shifts smooth and easy with no gear grinds and is hands down the best shifting 901 box I’ve ever owned. This car is an absolute blast to drive and pulls hard.
If you decide to come look at, don’t expect the car to look as good as it does in the pics. In addition to the paint flaws mentioned above, the chrome on the bumpers is tired too.
Other small items that need tending to are as follows;
1)Electrically, the horn and brake warning light don’t work. Also the wipers don’t self-park where they’re supposed to and the oil pressure gauge seems to read on the high side.
2)I have the crankcase breather hose connected to the tank but the port on the oil filler neck is currently not connected to anything. I also do not have anything regarding the fuel tank vapor recovery in place.

I have a clean CA title in my name in hand and the car is currently registered. I drove it briefly today, even without the fan belt installed. Domestic and international scam attempts are welcome. I will do my best to act naïve and waste as much of your time as possible. Cash is king. Any other accepted form of payment must clear my bank before I will release the car. No exceptions.

Click to view attachment

Link to more pics;

http://s36.photobucket.com/user/a914luvr/s...-6%20conversion
bahnzai
Wow Glenn! In today's market this sounds like a great deal. Nice looking car. GLWS!
bcheney
I have seen this car in person and it is as described. Glenn is a great guy to deal with and is well respected in the Porsche community. A very nice car.
iwanta914-6
Oh my, this should sell fast at that price!
a914luvr
Thanks guys. I tried to be fair and honest in my description of the car. Realizing it still needs some sorting and things, I tried to price it for a quick sale and want to sell it here, hopefully hassle free. I've driven it a number of times and it's a ton of fun to push hard on the go pedal. I'll miss it. I just want to do some other things and also have a 75 Carrera coming out of the paint shop soon and need a garage space for it.
Larmo63
I wish you would be more up front and honest.

lol-2.gif
a914luvr
Just added 40 more pics to the Photo Bucket thing and remembered a few more details as shown in the added pics;

1) the car has an INA high torque starter
2) I had the sail panel trim pieces polished
3) the front trunk latches, the front strut mounting plates and the rear upper trunk latch were all re-plated in gold zinc (thanks Bruce!)
4) the engine only dripped about 5-6 small drops of oil after driving it about 60 miles round trip to the memorial services for SLITS
5) when the car was painted, it was well stripped down so both trunks and the door jambs also got painted. I also replaced the DOT decal in the drivers door jamb
6) both rear trunk hinges were re-welded
7) the right rear suspension console was fractured so it got professionally re-welded
8) the nose of the car was not cut open for the oil cooler. The rubber plugs were simply removed and I found a stock front steel valance that had 5 holes drilled in just the right places to line up with the holes in the nose
9) the front turn signal buckets were modified to work like the Euro ones do
10) the custom rear shift rod was made by Tangerine Racing and works perfectly (thanks Chris!)
11) I installed stainless steel fuel lines in the tunnel and from below the engine to the engine bay (there is a fuel return line)
12) there are many new pieces of weatherstripping on the car (some reproduction)
13) the engine oil cooler is a nicely modified 911 cooler

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.