Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wtb side view mirror mounting plate. FS steel front flares
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Bat30265
WTB Adding right hand side view mirror to a 1974. Have found mirror. Need mounting plate. I think I can use a drivers side by flipping upside down.

FS brand new AA front flares (steel) $450 including shipping to lower 48.

Thanks!
gcrotvik
For an OE stock mirror, the mount plate is part of the original door. It's under the door skin. Here is a link that talks about the location and how to drill them open. The mirror in the picture is not stock so I'm not sure if there was a mounting plate or if it will work on the right side.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=104238&hl=
Tom_T
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Sep 6 2016, 06:10 AM) *

For an OE stock mirror, the mount plate is part of the original door. It's under the door skin. Here is a link that talks about the location and how to drill them open. The mirror in the picture is not stock so I'm not sure if there was a mounting plate or if it will work on the right side.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=104238&hl=

agree.gif with Greg, ... the nuts are welded to the door skin underside on both L & R doors, just locate the p-side ones & carefully drill them out, & use some blue painter's tape on the paint to help prevent chipping.

You will need the rubber seals that go under both sides (IIRC Porsche calls them something odd like "desk pad" blink.gif ).

You'll also need screws, but I'm not sure if Porsche still has them, but you can get the correct size/thread/head from GoWesty.com in the Vanagon parts section & theirs are made in Stainless Steel. 2 per side.

.... & Yes, you can flip over a driver side door, but AFAIK Porsche still has the slightly convex passenger mirror in stock new, as well as driver ones, but both are pricey (as are any Porsche parts). The choice is yours!

For the part nos. on the mirrors, etc. - just download the free Porsche 914 PET parts manual pdf from their website, at the Classic section, under tech documents.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.