Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone Have Good Or Bad To Say ABout Bumper Boyz in LA?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TM_Corey
I met them at the Aurburn Fall car auction last weekend and they seemed to be very nice guys. They had a whole semi full of trade out chrome bumpers for old cars.

They told me to send a pic of the 74 914's front bumper for a quote on removing a baseball size dent and rechroming it.

I am going to get the quote, but I would feel better about sending my original bumper across the nation if someone here has had good luck with them.

Thanks!

Info is:

Bumper Boyz
2435E 54th St
Los Angeles, CA 90058
323-587-8976
www.bumperboyz.com
Email: bobbumperboyz@yahoo.com
mb911
No idea but interested to hear the price.. There is a company in Wisconsin I talked to about chroming I lost the card but they will be at Jefferson swap meet at the end of the month and I will pass the info on..
ConeDodger
check out Ogden Chrome. Perfection.
pete000
I think Bruce Stone did a group buy with them and there is a thread floating around hear about them. Some good, some not so good reviews.

I have a couple bumpers I was pondering taking to them. Let me know and maybe we could do a group order.
914_teener
Finding a good chrome shop in CA is tough.

I was a part of that group buy years ago except it was the Bumper Shop.

The results were mediocre at best.

I wouldn.t drive down that direction during daylight hours let alone send my front bumper 2500 miles.

I.ve never heard of them however they are close to where the Bumper Shop is /was.

I.d look for something closer?
914_teener
Finding a good chrome shop in CA is tough.

I was a part of that group buy years ago except it was the Bumper Shop.

The results were mediocre at best.

I wouldn.t drive down that direction during daylight hours let alone send my front bumper 2500 miles.

I.ve never heard of them however they are close to where the Bumper Shop is /was.

I.d look for something closer?
PancakePorsche
Astro plating in Van Nuys, Ca. Grandfathered-in triple plater still in L.A. area. Not to be confused with Van Nuys plating who is strictly aerospace only. Worth a call. I use them for my motorcycle restorations for 30 years, but never a bumper.
mb911
I like the idea of a group buy.. If we find someone good it would be cool to see pricing.
TM_Corey
Here is the email I got today from bumperboyz:

Hi Corey
914 Porsche front and rear are $650 each to repair and
rechrome. You can send us your cores and we'll deliver
them to Indy in March of 2017.. We can also rechrome a
a pair and deliver them to Indy. Save shipping on both ways.
We charge $40 each handling fee to take them out for you.
We open them up for your inspection and repack them.
Call us 7 weeks in advance to order.
Thanks
Bob

Post #50 shows the bumper photo I sent him showing the damage:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...79979&st=40
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.