Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Strut Bump Stop
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
warrenoliver
Just got some new Sachs strut inserts to replace my KYB inserts that were in my Boge front struts. I was hoping that new bump stops would be included in the package but there were none dry.gif . My old bump stops under the strut cap are split and are deteriorating. Where do I get replacement ones? My 914 has a 911T 5 lug front end (1971?)

What length bump stops are the right length? I understand the bump stops are there to prevent the strut from being damaged when fully compressed, but could the old bump stops be too long preventing the strut from compressing when hitting bumps? My front end is very stiff and doesn't depress much when I push down hard on the front fender.
mepstein
There's probably plenty of good used ones available from members here. Your front end is stiff because the kyb's are junk. You will notice a big difference with the new shocks.
warrenoliver
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 7 2016, 09:06 PM) *

There's probably plenty of good used ones available from members here. Your front end is stiff because the kyb's are junk. You will notice a big difference with the new shocks.

Sure hope the KYB's were the problem. Any idea of the right length for the bump stops? The old ones that are bad look like a stack of 3 rubber doughnuts with a total length of about 3-4 inches if I remember correctly.
jcd914
"3 rubber doughnuts" is stock for Boge struts.

If your car has been lowered then the stock bump stop could limit suspension travel.

At stock heights "3 rubber doughnuts" will be fine.

KYB are very stiff and ride harsh.

Jim
warrenoliver
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Sep 8 2016, 01:35 AM) *

"3 rubber doughnuts" is stock for Boge struts.

If your car has been lowered then the stock bump stop could limit suspension travel.

At stock heights "3 rubber doughnuts" will be fine.

KYB are very stiff and ride harsh.

Jim

Thanks Jim, just what I was looking for.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.