Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: stupid insurance company,
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mattillac
stupid insurance company! dry.gif they won't write the check out for repairs to just me. it has to be me and the repair shop. mad.gif i want the money to fix my engine. oh well. who's in the sf bay area that want's to fix my car? they gave me $1k for the repairs.
i'll try to post pics of the damage later. welder.gif smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
MecGen

Hi
I don't know how it works in your neck of the woods but here we have a thing called "re-check" but your amount is small anough to fall through the cracks. They average shop pays easily 20% to taxes on profit, if its a case of signing the back of the check, be prepared to pay a %, maybe someone has a body - mechanic shop, and trade the check for work, again he needs his profit and a cut for fudging the books.
Good luck with it
Regards
Joe

beerchug.gif
Mueller
I use Yeamans Autobody in Palo Alto(?), long drive but I trust his work....for your damage, I'd just find someone local....I'd avoid trying to bribe them biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.