Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shipping Transporting 914 enclosed transport services
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dstroud
Hi Folks,

I am looking for references for transporting the Mistress from Galt, Ca 95632 to Atlanta,TX 75551

I did call one of the top rated best reputation I could find online they quoted 1500.00 YIKES.....this is for an enclosed transport which I would prefer. I am just not sure if this is a normal rate for this service.

So any advice help recommendations is greatly appreciated.

TIA
Deborah
bye1.gif
Mike Bellis
That sounds about right for enclosed transport. Best time to price is while an East or West coast event is happening. Then the transport companies like to fill the trucks and can work out last minute deals. 12 years ago I shipped a Super Bee from Texas to CA open transport and it cost me $850. I used Kiwi Karriers. Other than being dirty when it got here, the car was fine.

You might try U Ship but I hear mixed reviews.
db9146
I shipped a 914 from the SF area to Atlanta last April on an open carrier for $900. No issues.
patrick3000
I have used Intercity west to east a few times all with good results. Your quote is just a bit above average so it may pay to shop around a bit.
mepstein
QUOTE(dstroud @ Sep 9 2016, 12:46 AM) *

Hi Folks,

I am looking for references for transporting the Mistress from Galt, Ca 95632 to Atlanta,TX 75551

I did call one of the top rated best reputation I could find online they quoted 1500.00 YIKES.....this is for an enclosed transport which I would prefer. I am just not sure if this is a normal rate for this service.

So any advice help recommendations is greatly appreciated.

TIA
Deborah
bye1.gif

Sound right for enclosed transport. Probably $800-1k for open.
RacingDreamz
Mike Morrison at Power Play Pulling 865 742 9002. Great person, really knows what he's doing. Delivered a non running 914 to us from Warner Robbins, Ga in Mountain City, Tn., very cheap and even pulled it up a mountain with his tractor to our shop(dirt road). Very professional(he was in trucking biz for over 35 yrs), very kind, very professional.
My 914
I used Horseless Carriage a few months ago on the recommendation of someone from this forum. They were excellent and gave a quote over the phone, provided enclosed door to door shipping with an honest and reliable driver who kept in touch and was right on time. I was very impressed and would recommend them highly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.