Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Decent body shop. Chicago area (+100 miles)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
N_Jay
I am starting to look for a decent shop to do the body work and rust restoration on my 914.
I am in the Chicago NW burbs, but figure a good (and good priced) shop is worth the travel if needed.

I am looking for a quality job, but not a "show car" job.

Longevity is paramount over perfection, and price will have to come into play.
GeorgeRud
I had a good experience with Action Auto Body in Des Plaines when my son had a truck take out most of the passenger side sheet metal and doors on his metallic Jetta. The owner, Bill, is a nice fellow and he's located just east of downtown Des Plaines. I haven't had him do any work on my Porsches, but I was impressed with the work he did on the VW.
DRPHIL914
why don't you take it down to Brad's 914 shop in Peoria?
N_Jay
Will put 914 LTD on my list as soon as the car can be trusted for a 3 hour drive
GeorgeRud
Brad also provides pickup service, but I don't think he does any painting himself. I remember him saying that he also had issues finding a consistently good painter.

Another shop that is highly rated is the Last Detail in North Chicago/Waukegan area.
N_Jay
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Sep 9 2016, 03:29 PM) *

Brad also provides pickup service, but I don't think he does any painting himself. I remember him saying that he also had issues finding a consistently good painter.

Another shop that is highly rated is the Last Detail in North Chicago/Waukegan area.

I don't want it "picked up" till I am ready to get it done, but need to know what it needs well ahead of that. (Hence why I need to have it drivable)

The Last Detail seems to be the exact show quality shop, I know will never be happy with eth compromises from concourse condition I will be asking for.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.