Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Triad exhaust (full system) mounting question...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
audio_file
Finally about to get the green car on the road! I'm in the middle of purchasing the final bits I'll need to finish her up, one of those things is the "t-bar" looking mount for the full Triad system I've got- mounts to the transmission where the boomerang would normally be and then uses hose clamps to attach to the muffler to give the whole system some support. My pre-owned system didn't come with that piece, so I'll need to fab something up, anybody have a picture or measurements for that piece?? Here's the only view of it I can find....
Thanks!
Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
not sure I follow what you are doing, the muffler should mount directly to the heat exchangers or header system with a gasket between the two flanges, then the stock boomerang muffler support will attach to the muffler and HE on each side and that is your support to the header/H.E. and muffler- no other bracket or hose clamps - I have a Triad and SS HE(back dated 74 system)

audio_file
Philip, when using the 4-1 headers from triad (eurorace style) the boomerang bar doesn't get used, there is a different method of supporting the exhaust system and that's what I need to see/buy/fabricate...
DRPHIL914
gotcha! maybe someone else will chime in then. the stock set up was easy, and even the Tangerine racing set up still has the same flanges on the headers........ if I were getting a header system that would be the one- but 2 things I love about the triad, the sound, and 2. the cost!!! had mine for 5 years now, still like new!

good luck, post some larger pictures, im wondering what the header and the muffler look like with out the stock flanges that normally are used to attach one to the other
audio_file
Here's the setup piratenanner.gif
And the only larger pic I can find, from another thread here...

IPB Image
rhodyguy
What does Dave suggest?
audio_file
Dave doesn't build the headers anymore from what I understand, and says he never really found a "good" bracket setup...
I've found eurorace brackets that they sold to go with their headers, but only to use with a megaphone, not sure it'll really do what I need it to do with the Triad.

http://www.gt-racing.com/porsche-914-europ...-part-914-4-ba/
rhodyguy
The 75-76' brackets are the widest and might give you enough to bend the ends rearward to fab something up.

Cable spacing so it doesn't burn up looks like a hassle.
carr914
I'll take a picture of mine in the morning - it's about time for a Drive! driving.gif
audio_file
Thank you sir! beerchug.gif
carr914
QUOTE(audio_file @ Sep 9 2016, 10:31 PM) *

Thank you sir! beerchug.gif

Send me a pm to Remind me! beer3.gif
carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 9 2016, 08:59 PM) *

I'll take a picture of mine in the morning - it's about time for a Drive! driving.gif

Sorry, I misunderstood - I don't have the Full Triad exhaust. I've got S/S Exchangers going into a Triad Exhaust
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.