Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FLAT TOW your 914! Tow Bracket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
914werke
Made specifically for the 914, this is a heavy duty steel angle cross bar design rather than flat bar found on previous product.
This provides key advantages:

1st. Strength.

2nd. Geometry.
The new x-bar also allows the pin lynch points to be about 1" lower then before (while actually improving its strength).

3rd. Convenience!
The bar now has mount points to carry the included bolts & spacers.
Because it has its pin/bar mounting location slightly lower, allows for use with "LE" style FG spoilers without their removal (with properly setup hitch & bar geometry!).
The V style adj. tow bar is recommended again for its convenience, as you can fold it up & throw the whole kit in the either trunk!.
The Bar is made from .375 steel & still relatively light weight.
Lastly it also has additional mount points for chassis safety chains /cables.

FITS ALL 914's regardless of MY!

Designed to use the inexpensive Adjustable V tow bar - NO Adapters necessary!

*If you still run the OE steel valance it will still be necessary to remove before use.

The Tow bar & lights (pictured below) can be provided/purchased as a bundle for your convenience, but are readily available from many sources.

914 chassis mount bar HERE

914 Tow Kit (mount bar & adj. V hitch bar + lights) inquire

Magnetic Tow lights HERE

bye1.gif
914werke
icon_bump.gif
914werke
aktion035.gif
914werke
shades.gif
914werke
aktion035.gif
bretth
Do you need to lock the front wheels straight somehow when using this? I may need one of these soon.
914werke
QUOTE(bretth @ May 30 2019, 10:52 AM) *

Do you need to lock the front wheels straight somehow when using this? I may need one of these soon.

Nope in fact the opposite. You want the steer wheel unlocked so the wheels track with the direction that the tow vehicle is taking it. smile.gif
loux951
PM Sent
914werke
icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.