Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel pump?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
80cap
My car is a carb car. The red and black wire has no voltage. I think the pump relay gets a signal from the ECU, which is not there. Is there a way to energize the relay sans the ECU. I don't want o run a hot wire to the Pump for safety reasons.
Brian
914Sixer
Fuel pump relay is on engine compartment relay board.
80cap
I know were the relay is but I was told it gets it signal from the ECU which is not there. I thought I read somewhere that there is a way to energize the relay with out the ECU.
Thanks Brian
rhodyguy
Are you using SirAndy's method for powering your pump? If not, the info for the procedure is in the 'Classic' thread sub-forum on page 2. Simple and straight forward.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 10 2016, 06:48 AM) *

Are you using SirAndy's method for powering your pump? If not, the info for the procedure is in the 'Classic' thread sub-forum on page 2. Simple and straight forward.

yup , you have to ground the front left terminal..

http://www.914world.com/specs/SirAndyCarbFuelPumpRelay.php
80cap
I got it working! piratenanner.gif What I need now is a good source for new relays.I swapped out one and the Sir Andy method worked. Where can one buy reliable relays?
Brian
rhodyguy
You should be able to source a few known to be good ones in the classifieds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.