Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is Your Opinion on /6 Firewall Mounts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Larmo63
Who has done what, and which one do you recommend? I'm getting my black car ready for a firewall mount, and I need to order one. Patrick Motorsports? MadDog? Rich Johnson?

I know the MD and RJ ones are almost identical, but I'm leaning toward the PM version.

What say you?
mepstein
Naro motor sports. Bob saville's. Updated pms mount. It's simple and. perfect.
Marv's3.6six
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 10 2016, 10:04 AM) *

Who has done what, and which one do you recommend? I'm getting my black car ready for a firewall mount, and I need to order one. Patrick Motorsports? MadDog? Rich Johnson?

I know the MD and RJ ones are almost identical, but I'm leaning toward the PM version.

What say you?

I say PM, I have the weld in version.. very nice quality good fit and finish no problems.
bcheney
I used the Rich Johnson mount. The quality is excellent the the customer service you get from Rich is second to none. That said, the design of the current Patrick Mount that allows you to drop the engine down after removing two bolts that are easily accessible is also a great choice. James Patrick's business builds great stuff and they are extremely helpful and experienced with 914's. If I had to do it all over I think I would go with the Patrick Mount.
mb911
I make one that is near exact copy of original.. Kind of partial to what factory makes.
sixnotfour
narrow escape has one also like the PM one
mepstein
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 10 2016, 01:04 PM) *

What say you?

MD and RJ are not the same. RJ is thicker and the welding is superior. I bought a MD and scotty wouldn't put it in my car. I sent it back and bought an RJ. But time passed and Bob introduced his tilt mount. I bought that, installed it, love it. You don't have to relocate the brake pressure valve - at least on early cars. The design is super simple and strong but fits every engine. Unless you want a stock looking mount, this (Naro's) is the one to buy.
Larmo63
I like the tilt on the PM mount.

http://naroescapemotorsports.com/914-6-engine-mount/
sixaddict
To me the Patrick or Naro copy is the way to go.
Have used all. The key benefit to the Patrick design is the ease of removing or installing the engine. It makes it easy to align the engine and truly can be a one man job.
I have heard people say the Patrick design makes things more harsh because the motor mount dampening is not there but I don't see / feel it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.