Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear brakes, 5 lug, Help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
N_Jay
Years ago I did a five lug conversion using 911S (I am thinking early 70's) calipers and rotors.
Of course I lost my parking brake.

Well,. I would really like the parking brake back, and don't want to go as far as building a set of trailing arms with mounts for 911 parking brake parts.

So, . . . . What are my options??

I don't mind losing vented rotors since I am not racing. Are there 5 lug non vented rotors that will fit 914 calipers?

Are there other calipers that will fit vented or non-vented 911 rear rotors that have a mechanical parking brake?

Maybe VW or Audi parts, even though they usually have floating calipers.

Thoughts????
mepstein
Call Mark at 914rubber.com He has 914-6 reproduction calipers for vented or non vented rotors. So you will have a stock parking brake solution.
Mikey914
Yep doing more up now you can PM me if you wish. I have a small waiting list.
Mark
Krieger
914/6 rear rotors are solid and 5 lug. I'm not sure, but stock 914 rear calipers should work with them. Stock 914/4 rear calipers and rotors with the rotors drilled for 5 lug?
N_Jay
Does anyone have the measurements on the 914-6 rear rotors?
Are they the same as 914-4?

What is the differences between the calipers? (I always thought they were vented, but seem to be mistaken.)

If I go back to 914-4 calipers, I guess I can get the rotors drilled for five lugs?
mepstein
Does anyone have the measurements on the 914-6 rear rotors?
Are they the same as 914-4? No, they are 5 lug and measure slightly different.

What is the differences between the calipers? (I always thought they were vented, but seem to be mistaken.) larger calipers, larger pistons. 914-6 GT calipers are vented.

If I go back to 914-4 calipers, I guess I can get the rotors drilled for five lugs? Yes but then you may be mismatched on the balance between front and rear calipers.

Edit - Mark has vented or non vented 914-6 calipers. Just bolt on, add cables and parking brake lever and go. I would buy them now. Once they are gone, a set of real calipers will cost you double.
sixnotfour
just get some 5 hole redrilled -4 rotors. or keep your vented rotors and buy the 914rubber steel -6 calipers.better because braking remins balanced..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.