Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: intake runners paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
9144guy
my shop paints f/i runners porsche factory grey when we rebuilt motors..my quest. is has nyone painted them a light color? i want to paint them body color witch is yellow....how well does it hold up against oil and weather after 5 -6 months new motor better not have any leaks...but it is a 914...heres a pic of parts i beadblasted on my lunch break
9144guy
more pics
9144guy
pic of motor...got a damn broke off head temp sensor
Mueller
I've seen them red, blue, yellow, white....etc...powdercoating is much better than paint for this application, it'll cost a little more but not as bad as one thinks it does (which is why a shop paints them to keep the cost down)
Bleyseng
What ever color you choose, powdercoat 'em. It actually holds up to all the heat and you can clean it. Rattle can paint especially on the tin looks like crap in a year or so.

Geoff
Bleyseng
stock
Bleyseng
my engine last year
TheCabinetmaker
Maybe rattle can won't last, but, properly prepared, primed, and painted, using real automotive paint, can and will, last for many years, and continue to look great. biggrin.gif
Damn, that was a lot of commas in one sentence!
root
SKY BLUE!
Bruce Allert
I used High Temp MoPar Paint for the tin & runners. It's been a few weeks & it's run only a few times dry.gif and I still smell fresh H O T paint.

Hope it cures in unsure.gif

........b
Joe Bob
Powder coat it....bright colors show oil and dirt.....but a T4 never leaks.....right? cool_shades.gif
Bleyseng
Bruce, no wonder your car doesn't run so good. Its missing a bunch of parts, Dude!

Geoff
914werke
CERAMIC COAT! Remember you want your intake charge to be as cool as possible and anything you can do to insulate the tubes from warming the better.
I had the local coating shop do my set when he did all the HE's bannana and heater ducts. smilie_pokal.gif
Bleyseng
you're right! Next time I race I am going to pack my intake tubes with dryice.

Geoff
914werke
not a bad idea rolleyes.gif
Allan
Here's what mine look like.

Ray Warren
Rattle can
Ford engine gray.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.