Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original Fitting leak
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
xsurfer
I have a 71 factory six 88k miles.

I have an oil leak in the union between the hard line union at the lower oil tank line.

I'm trying to retain the original aluminum fittings that have the date on them. Is
there a better way than not to stop the leak without replacing the lines?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Gene

smg914
If its leaking where the two lines meet, then I would think they aren't seated properly. Unless there is some damage to one or both of the fittings.
xsurfer
It is the union that is leaking. It was so tight when I got the car extensions had
to be put on the wrenches. Even then I had to have a younger friend break it loose.

QUOTE(smg914 @ Sep 13 2016, 04:39 PM) *

If its leaking where the two lines meet, then I would think they aren't seated properly. Unless there is some damage to one or both of the fittings.

xsurfer
It is the union that is leaking. It was so tight when I got the car extensions had
to be put on the wrenches. Even then I had to have a younger friend break it loose.

QUOTE(smg914 @ Sep 13 2016, 04:39 PM) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.