Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1.8L Engine(s)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Nor.Cal.914
So I'm finally beginning my 914-6 build and am now passing on all of my -4 parts that I will no longer be using. I have up for sale a complete, running, 1.8L. I don't remember exactly what year it came out of, as I bought it used a couple years ago. I want to say it was from a '74. It comes complete with dual Weber 40's with full linkage. I installed a lightened flywheel on it about a year ago and drove on it for maybe 2K miles at most. Flywheel was freshly re-surfaced prior to install and weighed in at around 11 lbs. Clutch package was purchased from Rich Bontempi. Engine also comes with Kerry Hunter race exhaust with Supertrapp muffler. Engine runs great, but does leak (valve cover gaskets, taco plate, and a couple push rod tube seals). I never took the time to fix the leaks as I didn't intend on keeping the engine for very long. Didn't consume oil and leak was limited to drops under each location. Comes with front engine mount bar with solid aluminum mounts.

I am also including the original engine from my '75 with this deal. It is a 1.8L and has been disassembled to pursue a 2056 build. I didn't have the funding to finish it and ultimately wanted a -6 so I pushed this build to the side. I have the empty case (not pictured yet), crank (needs to be polished), cam (should be polished), oil cooler, push rods and tubes, oil pump, breather box, clean heads complete with valves, springs, rocker arms, etc. (I can take more pictures if desired), and connecting rods. That's almost a complete second engine there, just in need of a refresh.

I also have a set of re-sized connecting rods (2.0L I believe) that I purchased from Bugformance before they closed down one of their shops. I have brand new big bore 98mm pistons and cylinders that I was going to use for my build. I also have a near complete engine gasket set for the Type IV (only major thing I see missing at a glance is one of the intake manifold gaskets/spacers). I am also including two boxes of fuel injection parts that came off of the current engine when I purchased it.

Local sale only, please. Looking for $1,200 for everything. Only sold as a package deal, I'm not separating these parts. Thank you for looking.
Nor.Cal.914
More...
jim_hoyland
What size are the pistons ?
Nor.Cal.914
98mm thumb3d.gif
Nor.Cal.914
New price bump! $1,800 OBO
Nor.Cal.914
New price icon_bump.gif $1,600 OBO
Nor.Cal.914
Clutch is now included in the deal. I will be going a different route with the -6.

New price icon_bump.gif $1,400
Nor.Cal.914
$1,300 I need this gone! beerchug.gif
Nor.Cal.914
$1,200
Mueller
Not too bad of deal, can you get the motor running and post a video?, that might help with the sales of it. Just an idea.
Nor.Cal.914
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 12 2016, 02:59 PM) *

Not too bad of deal, can you get the motor running and post a video?, that might help with the sales of it. Just an idea.

Thanks for the kind words! I knew after pulling it that I should have taken a video to show how nicely it ran, but was too anxious to get it out and start on the conversion. I might have some videos of the car driving with it, but nothing showing specifically the engine running.
Nor.Cal.914
icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.