Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Decals..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninefourteener
Anyone found somewhere that sells the "original" Porsche decals? I've found some aftermarket decals for like $29 or $39 on e-bay, but they don't look right. The letters look to skinny.

Any suggestions on where to find them? How much are they?
Jeroen
what kind of decals are you looking for?
The PORSCHE side-script?

cheers,

Jeroen
ninefourteener
Yea..I'm sorry, the side script that goes just above the rockers. There's someone on e-bay that sells sets of them, but they look fake... letters are skinny and short. The originals had big fat, wide letters. You know what I mean??
ninefourteener
These are the ones i DON'T want..... they don't look right
ninefourteener
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Jun 23 2003, 09:04 AM)

these
ninefourteener
I want THESE..... where can I find them???
Porsche Rescue
Often on Ebay, called "negative side stripes". Usually go for about $35 or so.
ninefourteener
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Jun 23 2003, 09:05 AM)
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Jun 23 2003, 09:04 AM)

these

These ARE the ones on E-bay. In fact, I cut this pic off of e-bay.... I don't want these
Frank Marino
I like both types of decals. I think the smaller ones are a little less showy. But I like the bigger lettering also because it seems like it fits the car more.
VegasRacer
I had some on my black teener.
Got 'em from AA.
http://www.autoatlanta.com/searchinclude2....D=46527&-search
ninefourteener
THAT'LL DO IT!!!

Thanks!! I've never dealt with these AA people, but I must admit, I've heard a few horror stories.

Are they descent? Any significant problems??
JeffBowlsby
I have the correct style 914 Limited Edition side stripes in the correct 914 LE colors - Sunflower Yellow, Phoenix Red and Viper Green as well as black and white.

I had them made up custom because the correct 914 LE colors are not available.

An update to my 914 LE website is forthcoming, but if you need them now, please contact me offline.

Jeff Bowlsby
bowlsby@aol.com
Porsche Rescue
The ones you don't want are "positive" side stripes. What you want are "negative" black side stripes. Both types are often on Ebay.
JeffBowlsby
If you care about correctness...the negative stripes shown above on the orange car are not accurate to the original stripe design, as they termninate short of the wheel wells on each end. My stripes go all the way into the wheel wells like the originals.

I am told that AA sells the stripes that are short of the wheel wells.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Jun 23 2003, 09:33 AM)
THAT'LL DO IT!!!

Thanks!! I've never dealt with these AA people, but I must admit, I've heard a few horror stories.

Are they descent? Any significant problems??

I have not bought anything from them in several years.
I never had any problems.
Here is what some of the others on this BBS had to say.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...t=ST&f=2&t=2033
Qarl
Both negative and positive were offered by Porsche.

I like the positive stripes. You see them now on newer cars (sorta retro). I think Mustangs are using them again.
ninefourteener
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 23 2003, 09:45 AM)

Wow..... that is SCARY.

Considering decals will be NEW, I may order from them. But after reading the horror stories on that link...... I will NEVER order a used part from them.

Did you check out that heat exchanger they sent him?? Jesus.

And the guy that got dog shit in a box?? I absolutely cannot believe tht... sounds a bit too far fetched to me..... but then again, what if it is actually true?

Thanks for the link.... that helped

beerchug.gif
Aaron Cox
what is the difference between the 'Positive' and 'negative' stripes...someone post pics please cool_shades.gif
Qarl
Acox914.... look at the pictures towards the top of the thread...

One has PORSCHE in black letters (positive). The other has PORSCHE as the body paint color because the letters are cut out of the stripe.

Karl
VegasRacer
QUOTE(acox914 @ Jun 23 2003, 11:19 AM)
what is the difference between the 'Positive' and 'negative' stripes...someone post pics please cool_shades.gif

Here ya go Aaron
Mark Henry
QUOTE(bowlsby @ Jun 23 2003, 09:43 AM)
If you care about correctness...the negative stripes shown above on the orange car are not accurate to the original stripe design, as they termninate short of the wheel wells on each end. My stripes go all the way into the wheel wells like the originals.

I am told that AA sells the stripes that are short of the wheel wells.

Gee... thanks for cutting up my car! finger.gif

wink.gif
JeffBowlsby
Nuthin personal Markster... cool.gif
ninefourteener
Ok, At least I know now that it is MY choice to decide what type of stripes I go with. I don't mind modifications, but I like to stay true to the car. Hell, I'll be installing fuchs and a flex-dam spoiler by the end of the summer!

Recommendations on stripes? Positive or negative???? Any suggestions are appreciated beerchug.gif
Jeroen
On your color car, I'd put no side decals at all

The only color for the side decals is black (since the rocker panels are black as well) and with black decals (both pos or neg) they wouldn't contrast enough with your color

I'd only do black decals on light/bright colored cars, so you get a good contrast

Just my € 0,02

cheers,

Jeroen
ninefourteener
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Jun 24 2003, 05:50 AM)
On your color car, I'd put no side decals at all

The only color for the side decals is black (since the rocker panels are black as well) and with black decals (both pos or neg) they wouldn't contrast enough with your color

I'd only do black decals on light/bright colored cars, so you get a good contrast

Just my € 0,02

cheers,

Jeroen

Actually, this car is a lot brighter that it appears in this pic, especially in bright sunlight.... maybe the camera I used is just crappy. But I really do like the sidescript on these cars... Just not sure of what type.

Here's a different pic, granted low quality (cameraphone), but it was much brighter that day.... the difference is pretty significant.
Qarl
I'd leave your car alone. It looks like it was restored nicely. Adding this and that will make it look like ever other molested 914 on the road pinch.gif .

Just my opinion.
fuch toy
I make them custom....any color you want, you provide the art or come up with an idea.....

Here's a pic of the modified Carrera script I put on my 911.
fuch toy
Versus the old style....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 23 2003, 11:56 AM)
Here ya go Aaron

thanx, i think they both look good smile.gif but, they trap your car into the 70's...(you all remember the TransAM Super Chicken?????? )
Jeroen
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Jun 24 2003, 04:19 PM)

Actually, this car is a lot brighter that it appears in this pic, especially in bright sunlight....

In that case, I'd go for the negative stripes...
but I'd have to say that Kevin has a point
Your car looks nice the way it is

cheers,

Jeroen
fuch toy
Here's a set I made for the Rocket a few years ago.....
fuch toy
I will look around, as it's not on this computer. I had a pic of the Delphi Green Mettalic 914 with both black and then white script....
Mark Henry
Stripes, badges, reflectors, etc. are all personal taste, do what YOU want, not what someone else likes or says. dance.gif

P.S. a note on the personal taste thing, do what you want within reason, I draw the line at a 928 rearend hacked into your teens ass and major rice shit. bootyshake.gif
ninefourteener
QUOTE(acox914 @ Jun 24 2003, 07:15 AM)
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 23 2003, 11:56 AM)
Here ya go Aaron

thanx, i think they both look good smile.gif but, they trap your car into the 70's...(you all remember the TransAM Super Chicken?????? )

LOL.... Actually, it's funny you should say that. Before I got into 914s, I did nothing but second generation T/As...... I've done 7 of them.

This was my last one. I sold it about 1.5 years ago........ and bought my first TEENER!!!!

beerchug.gif
Anton
Porsches don't need side stripes; they speak for themselves.

The script on the back should be enough for those left behind. :finger2:
ninefourteener
I do respect your opinion, and agree with it to an extent.

I also LOVE teeners more than anything.

However, my teener wouldn't stand a chance against the T/A I used to have (pictured above). LOL

Hmmm... a 2.0 4 cyl, or a 400 cid V-8?? LOL

Thats cool though... I didn't buy my teeners as a race car.... It's all about....... STYLE
beerchug.gif
Jeroen
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Jun 24 2003, 08:26 PM)
However, my teener wouldn't stand a chance against the T/A I used to have (pictured above). LOL

Hmmm... a 2.0 4 cyl, or a 400 cid V-8?? LOL

Yep, you're right... after the first corner the TransAm would be completely lost biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Anton
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Jun 24 2003, 10:26 AM)
Hmmm... a 2.0 4 cyl, or a 400 cid V-8??  LOL

Touché! Teeners are no stoplight burners...

You do put a smile on my face though when you talk about style. That is where we agree. rolling.gif

I find your car very good looking on the pics and I think it only needs a stylish driver... LOL
ninefourteener
A stylish driver???? LOL

Hey old man...... just cause you actually remember the 914s being sold new, doesn't mean that the "younger" gereration has no style---LOL

blink.gif
Anton
Actually, I can merely remember one 914 from my youth and that was a blue metallic 2.0 of the VW garage owner in my home town... You see, the car was never that popular in the Netherlands.
Anyway, it is the same for 914 addicts as for old sailors; they don't die but just fade away... driving.gif
ninefourteener
But new ones are born everyday!

Cheers!
beerchug.gif
seanery
positive in black
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.