Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Six oil tank suction line (the short one)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschetub
As per thread ,reason I ask is I can't see a way to tighten the fitting on the hose in situ,my idea was to remove the tank tighten the fitting and reinstall.keen to know,thanks oh wise ones biggrin.gif and beer.gif
Oh by the way getting closer to getting it running....
gereed75
Yep, it has to be at just the right angle. Slightly angled toward the engine as I recall
brant
you picked up on it..
its necessary to tighten it prior to install
Krieger
Take a Sharpie and mark the correct orientation of the line relative to the tank before you take the tank out.
porschetub
QUOTE(Krieger @ Sep 14 2016, 05:45 PM) *

Take a Sharpie and mark the correct orientation of the line relative to the tank before you take the tank out.

Thanks to all ,have made up a few basic tools to tighten outer fittings and they worked fine.
Have all pipes /hoses test fitted and lined up with support @ the engine case and trailing arm mount,my plan is the drill the male/male connector on the suction to make oil changes easier and cleaner.
Really want to check the tank @ the same time PO said he had it repaired many years ago but never told me if it was clean.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.