Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1971 914 FS/Trade
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
mr2by4
SOLD!
Did you ever hear the story about the guy that bought the 914 that only needed a little work and he made an easy fix of only the essential problem and then happily drove the car? I have not either. I bought a car that I thought had a valve issue that turned out to have a rod knock and bad tranny. So I bought a motor and a tranny, then I bought a set of fuel lines,a new clutch, machined a pressure plate, got new fuel hard lines, relocated and updated the fuel pump and as I was installing the motor back in the car found that my passenger suspension console needed to be replaced. I bought a new console from Stoddard and tried to get started on that project but it is not happening.
So I have a 1971 with a worn tail shifter and a 1.7 motor, a side shifter and a 1911 and a couple of boxes of spare bits (blower boxes, headlights, an engine cover etc).
I would like to sell it all to somebody who can make it back into a car. It has been sitting for 6 months but it is covered on the lift in my garage. I drove it onto the lift with rod knock. Drained gas tank to remove it for the fuel pump upgrade, so we should be all right there.
Car is located in FW. A bunch of locals all came over and helped try to get me back on the road, but a missing bushing and the rusty console derailed that valiant effort. If any of you guys want to make a first offer, please pm me. I am happy to give you credit against the purchase price for time served.
Feel free to search my posts here to see the full story. Not trying to hide anything.
Asking $3000 for the car with all of the relevant hardware. You pick it up in Fort Worth. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
mr2by4
Interior
Click to view attachment
Motor before removal
Click to view attachment
74ravenna
The exterior appears yellow but the engine bay looks Ravenna.

Is it a Ravenna car that has been repainted?

cuddyk is looking for a Ravenna

mr2by4
QUOTE(74ravenna @ Sep 14 2016, 01:41 AM) *

The exterior appears yellow but the engine bay looks Ravenna.

Is it a Ravenna car that has been repainted?

cuddyk is looking for a Ravenna

The entire car is repainted yellow. Original color was blue as I recall (checked the body tag), but it was a thorough color change. You don/t see it anywhere.
mr2by4
To clarify I have one complete and mostly rust free 71 914. Previous rust repair in hell hole area missed the suspension console which now needs to be replaced.
The motor and tranny are out and it is ready to accept side sifter and 1911.
Car comes with worn out tail shifter and rod knocking 1.7, with clutch etc attached, and freshened 1911 with side shifter, new clutch and flywheel. There is also an extra set of wheels some headlights and a couple of boxes of odds and ends.
All of that for $3k.
Reason for sale is that lately when I have time for a "car project" it usually consists of washing my car, or dropping my truck off to get an oil change. (Hooray!)
I would be willing to sell off the wheels separately, but I think that the rest of the stuff really should go with the car.
mr2by4
Willing to trade up with cash. Make an offer cash, gold or beef bullion etc.
3d914
Would it be possible to get a picture of the rust area?
mr2by4
QUOTE(3d914 @ Oct 21 2016, 08:27 PM) *

Would it be possible to get a picture of the rust area?

Sent you a PM with links to the pictures. But here they are for others who might be interested.
I tried to trim the rust on the console, but realized that due to the shape of the part, there was no effective way to patch.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I also trimmed an inspection hole into the console when I realized it could not be saved in order to see if the rail behind was rotten. It has surface rust but appears quite solid. My intention was to try to fix it myself if that was solid, but now reality has caught up to me.
Click to view attachment
I am currently talking to a couple of shops to see if I can afford to have it professionally fixed, then have another party at my place to get the motor in the car and eat more BBQ.
jesse7flying
PM sent.
Thanks--Jesse
nameisbauer
PM-ed
mr2by4
Deposit in hand. Will update Tuesday.
mr2by4
SOLD!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.