Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original 914 Owners?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
StarBear
Did you buy a 914 off the dealer's lot and STILL have it? I am one of two original 914 owners (the other is a college fraternity brother..), seeking to compile a list of who else out there might also be. Maybe get a PANO story on a small, yet dedicated breed?
Steve (NJ)
'74 1.8; Zamb.Green
mepstein
welcome.png
gcrotvik
You might want to start/move this conversation in the Originality and History section. There might even be a thread in there on original owners.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showforum=44

Welcome!

Greg
anderssj
bye1.gif

PM sent.
Gint
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Sep 14 2016, 11:45 AM) *

You might want to start/move this conversation in the Originality and History section. There might even be a thread in there on original owners.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showforum=44

Welcome!

Greg

Agreed. Good idea. Moved and linked from the classifieds.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(StarBear @ Sep 14 2016, 07:33 AM) *

Did you buy a 914 off the dealer's lot and STILL have it? I am one of two original 914 owners (the other is a college fraternity brother..), seeking to compile a list of who else out there might also be. Maybe get a PANO story on a small, yet dedicated breed?
Steve (NJ)
'74 1.8; Zamb.Green

I am one of those people. Bahia red 72 purchased in August 1972 from Classic Porsche/Audi, Cincinnati, Ohio. Somewhat interesting history. Has not been started in 10 years. Would be easily brought back mechanically if I could find a competent mechanic. Zero rust, all original. Bought it when I was 25.
dcheek
Bought my '76 in December of 1975 from Precision Porsche Audi, New Jersey. I was 24 years old. Last production run of 914's #3411 out of 4100 cars. Has 24,000 original miles. Just put a clutch in it and changed all the seals.

Dave
Click to view attachment

rgolia
Purchased mine in Southampton NY in January of 1974. 146k original miles with lots of stories.Click to view attachment
Johny Blackstain
Technically, & only technically, I'm one & probably the youngest. Pop started the buying process on 3/27/74, HBL Porsche/Audi in Fairfax Virginia before they moved to Arlington, w/ me at his side & we drove it off the lot together on 5/1/74. From day 1 he put it in my name & I was 11. 48k miles on her.
smile.gif
Racer
If you had asked just a few months ago I would have nominated my dad. Bought new summer of 1970 from Gardner in Bernardsville NJ. 914-6. It now lives with me since he bought a 981 Cayman S as his "last" new Porsche.
dcheek
QUOTE(Racer @ Sep 30 2016, 04:31 PM) *

If you had asked just a few months ago I would have nominated my dad. Bought new summer of 1970 from Gardner in Bernardsville NJ. 914-6. It now lives with me since he bought a 981 Cayman S as his "last" new Porsche.

Was your father a former president of NNJR?
Does he live in Cape Cod now?
Initials - R.S.?

Dave
Racer
QUOTE(dcheek @ Oct 3 2016, 11:27 AM) *

Initials - R.S.?

Dave

Guilty ! beerchug.gif
smg914
QUOTE(Racer @ Oct 3 2016, 11:42 AM) *

QUOTE(dcheek @ Oct 3 2016, 11:27 AM) *

Initials - R.S.?

Dave

Guilty ! beerchug.gif

Dave and Dave,
Ahhh the good ole days! It's great to see that you have become the custodian of that special, very early 914-6. Your dad is the best!
Steve
Racer
Steve - Thanks for the compliments. I agree, my dad is the best!

Dave - I owned a twin of your car for a short spell. Bought from fellow NNJR PCA member Bill Mara, his L30C '76 2.0. Vin was just a few from yours too.. #3306!
maxwelj
Bought mine new delivered to Brussels in 1970. Shipped back to the USA when I returned home on leave before reassignment. One picture was taken on the autobahn in Germany the day I picked it up, and the sunset picture is last night. I had to raise a body and paint expert to get it restored. Thanks, Brent!Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
TM_Corey
Mine is a second owner car. I can't wait to surprise the original owner with a drive/ride when the restoration is done this Spring.

He hasn't driven the car since 1981 and about started crying when I bought it and picked it up in Feb of this year.

Btw, I was one month old when mine was built. biggrin.gif
SKL1
Original owner here- it was my first car, delivered in secret to my dad on Nov 11, 1970. (From Gruber Porsche/Audi in Cedar Rapids, IA) "Delivered" to me on 12/25/1970.
Built 9/70 so it's an early '71.
Will always be in the family. Joined PCA at that time even though many in the club didn't consider the 914 a real Porsche. Made it even sweeter when I'd beat them in an autocross!!
Mr.Nobody
My grandfather is the original owner of my car and gave it to me about a year and a half ago. It did not run very well at all and it's now back on the road and looking better daily. So no I'm not the original owner, but it's a one family car.
DblDog
Delivered May 26,1972...
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
RARE 6
Original owner of a 6/70 built 914-6. Purchased on 9/14/71 from Johnson/Bozzani Porsche in Phoenix. Had my pick from three unsold 1970 -6s and chose the Irish Green one. Traded in a 1970 four cylinder we'd purchased new a year earlier. Just reinstalled the original dealer license plate frame last year.
SKL1
Shouda bought all three of them... (hindsight is always 20-20)...
RARE 6
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Jan 10 2017, 09:35 PM) *

Shouda bought all three of them... (hindsight is always 20-20)...

For that kind of money, I should have instead bought the streetable blue 904 they had for sale. But $6,000 for a new -6 was all the money in the world at that point. The 22 large I remember them asking for the 904 was extraterrestrial. Hindsight...
SKL1
Funny you mention that as I remember a 904 for sale as well about the time I joined PCA in early '71... and a friend had a real Carrera Speedster he got cheap because the guy couldn't keep it running!
dcheek
Geezer alert!

When I was in college gas was 29.9ยข a gallon. Filled my '66 VW Microbus for $3.00 and drove all week.

Dave
sled9146
Bought my -6 from Niello Porsche when they were located on El Camino in Sacramento, CA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.