Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help Identifying Struts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
amfab
Hi,

I am looking to buy some used 3" spacing 911 struts but I want the late wedge-pin style ball joint bolts.

The struts I am looking to buy are:
Boge 1-0211-32-173-0
Porsche part # 911-341-080-02

I cannot find that Porsche part number. I am concerned that they are the early style and the PET only shows the later part number.

The seller sent me these picts of the bottom of the struts. Can anyone identify early or late from the picts?

-Andrew
gms
The picture you show is a 1969 or later strut, the early struts look totally different and will not attach to a post 1969 a-arm (see below)

Click to view attachment
jcd914
If by "early or late" you want to know if they are early (69 to 72) pinch style or late (73 to 89) taper pin style, those are late taper pin struts.

Black paint would infer they are Boge struts but they could be repainted.

Jim
914Sixer
Mid 911 struts are split at the base and use a pinch bolt. Late 911 are solid base and use v shaped wedgepin. Since there is no split at the base, the struts are late style and use the same ball joint as the 914.
pencap914
I too am searching for a pair of struts with 3" spacing and later "wedge pin" style.

I came across these from a seller, but it looks like these are the pinch bolt...right?

Montreal914
^^^ Yes, these are the pinch style.

Below is a pin style, disregard the green paint, I had mine refreshed and wanted them green biggrin.gif .

Good luck with your search smile.gif

Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
You may be looking for these. Wedge bolts, 3 in caliper spacing. Straight arms, they fit Bilstein dampers.

I would consider offers for the set, PM if interested. Can include new wedge bolts/roll pins.
mepstein
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jan 23 2021, 01:37 PM) *

You may be looking for these. Wedge bolts, 3 in caliper spacing. Straight arms, they fit Bilstein dampers.

I would consider offers for the set, PM if interested. Can include new wedge bolts/roll pins.

He's looking for 911 struts.
pencap914
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Jan 23 2021, 10:10 AM) *

^^^ Yes, these are the pinch style.

Below is a pin style, disregard the green paint, I had mine refreshed and wanted them green biggrin.gif .

Good luck with your search smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Thanks for clarifying this! looking good. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.