Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTF!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
I think I'd just call it ugly POS. biggrin.gif
dlee6204
Wow. The first thing I saw was that side window.
db9146
A 356 Karmann Ghia Speedster?
Steve
just because you can, doesn't mean that you should. Maybe he couldn't decide what he wanted, so he combined them all. Lol
Elliot Cannon
Maybe he had no choice? Maybe he had the front of one and the back of the other and decided to put them together? confused24.gif Or maybe he just... smoke.gif
veekry9
High Zoot. biggrin.gif
C'mon,it's not that bad,as a lowridin scruffy. smoke.gif
I am tho,personally,conditioned to like polished shiny stuff,as a testament to quality.
laugh.gif
No doubt a type 1 solution.
/
Drums66
QUOTE(db9146 @ Sep 14 2016, 05:57 PM) *

idea.gif bye1.gif
Larmo63
Did Unobtanium-inc do that one too?
cpavlenko
European rat rod.
iwanta914-6
Door doesn't quite line up with the rear, other than that it's sweet! LOL
Whitney Mic
The Pegasus in front of the door should have the hindquarters of a draft horse.

I'd do it, but (no Photoshop skills)...

-- Whit
mgp4591
The answer as to whether it has a VW or a Porsche motor would help define what the target brand would be. I'd refine it a bit but other than that, I'd drive the wheels of it...
Krieger
I see late type 1 four lug bolt pattern. That matches with the 72/73 Ghia rear bumper indentations. barf.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(db9146 @ Sep 14 2016, 05:57 PM) *

So does that make it a Geester!? blink.gif
Frankvw
fun frankenstein project
"The answer as to whether it has a VW or a Porsche motor would help define what the target brand would be"
well......problably nothing standard since there are too many holes in the front that smells like an oilcooler or radiator. Neither the ghia nor the 356 had that, so that is frankenstein or updated as well.

I think it is a custom VW, like Krieger I spotted the VW late components.
As custom VW or ghia it is not worth a lot of $$
It is worth the most as Vintage Porsche Parts car :-) to cut up and use in a real Porsche again.....
Mikey914
Just a Karmann - same factory right???
krazykonrad
Probably less VW parts on it than the early 356s. That's never going to win Pebble Beach, but a fun little project nonetheless.

Konrad
JoeDees
Outside of the detestable fitting of the door-rearpanel, ill/odd fitting top/window, and the generic looking windshield, I don't think it's too bad.
sixnotfour
Its a Miata with styling kit
championgt1
Nice Budweiser sticker. dry.gif
ClayPerrine
I can't throw stones. If I had the body shop skills, I would take the back end of a 74 914, and the front end of a 74 911 targa and combine them to make a 74 Boxster.

Use the six engine and transmission converted to mid engine. Use the 5 lug hubs, wheels and brakes. Use the 914 windshield hoop and windshield so the fiberglass top would fit.

Use the shifter hole on both cars for a reference point to connect them.

screwy.gif

I should stop thinking about things like this, But...

That would REALLY piss of the 911 purists!!!!!! laugh.gif

forrestkhaag
I think you guys are missing the point here. What you are actually seeing is extremely rare and previously unknown evidence of a three factory consortium/homologation test model result for the 356 split window coup, the Karmann notchback roof style acceptability test, and a GeeAahh rear end. And yes. It was originally spelled GeeAahh....... lol-2.gif

It is however missing well conceived flare(s)........... as shown in these previously unreleased photos......
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Sep 15 2016, 04:22 PM) *

I think you guys are missing the point here. What you are actually seeing is extremely rare and previously unknown evidence of a three factory consortium/homologation test model result for the 356 split window coup, the Karmann notchback roof style acceptability test, and a GeeAahh rear end. And yes. It was originally spelled GeeAahh....... lol-2.gif

It is however missing well conceived flare(s)........... as shown in these previously unreleased photos......

Wow! Where do you get all this inside information? lol-2.gif
Chris H.
I'm thinking that 356 front is fiberglass.

The Celica flares are very nice. Factory maybe? I like how they flared right over the edge of the side marker up front. That had to save 3-4 minutes.
porschetub
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 15 2016, 03:06 PM) *

Did Unobtanium-inc do that one too?

now that made me laugh.....
veltror
I assume you guys have seen this

http://flatsixes.com/cars/porsche-boxster/...a-body-boxster/

and this which looks quite good in the flesh, apologies for the facedick link

https://www.facebook.com/OldSkoolPaintwerx/...e=3&theater
EdwardBlume
I like it, but then again, I'm from the Central Coast originally. shades.gif
Chris H.
I like that Ghia Boxster too. What a masterpiece. Man do they look good when you fatten the wheel wells up a little. Although if I tried to do that it would look more like the car in the original topic blink.gif .
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 16 2016, 05:13 AM) *

I like it, but then again, I'm from the Central Coast originally. shades.gif
av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.