Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PORSCHE MANUAL TRANSMISSION SHIFT COUPLER Bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Movin6
(Thought I previously posted, but can't find, sorry if redundant.)

I purchased replacement Shift Coupler Bushings but they seem too large for the pin.

The replacement bushing ID measures 0.52 to 0.55”.

The pin of the coupler measures 0.457. Delta =0.090! (This is not installed in the coupler, just the bare bushing as received.)

Is it possible that pressing the bushing into the housing will compress it enough?

I am assuming that this is an original shift coupler, but it could have been changed prior to my ownership. Maybe someone can tell from the pics attached?

Do I try to order the correct bushings or give up and just get a new shifter coupler?

Thanks in advance!
zambezi
Doesn't look right. Where is the part from/ who makes the bushing?
ChrisFoley
They're not gonna compress that much from installation in the housing.
Movin6
Ordered on eBay (Before I discovered / remembered this site...) from classiccarsandparts in MD. I've communicated with them, they said that the original Porsche bushing measured 0.50 x .54 and is oval. So it seems their repro is true to the Porsche part, but is it the right Porsche part?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190569288737?_trks...K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

QUOTE(zambezi @ Sep 15 2016, 11:30 AM) *

Doesn't look right. Where is the part from/ who makes the bushing?

ChrisFoley
Its right for a 911, not really the same part as in a 914 though.
They will work but will add to any slop already existing in your linkage.
Movin6
Slop is what I'm trying to eliminate. Do the correct bushings fit tightly? Where should I order them from? (PET shows part # 911 424 223 03 - Is that still correct?)

So confused my head is starting to hurt!

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Sep 15 2016, 11:54 AM) *

Its right for a 911, not really the same part as in a 914 though.
They will work but will add to any slop already existing in your linkage.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.