Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 914, no rust or previous rust $4500. PENDING
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
914ltd
Sale pending

Offering a very rust free 914 with 'glass flairs. This is a car that has been stored since 1978, it does run and drive but the brakes need work. Both front struts are the optional Bilstein green struts from a 1973 or later 914. Exceptionally nice original heat exchangers, has a progressive 2bbl carb set up on a 1.7 engine. Believed to be very low miles. Paint is a "20 footer poor" Wheels are BWE 14X6. A great, very solid early "lightweight" chassis.
The battery tray is original and the "hell hole" is solid, jack receivers nice, floors excellent. $4500

There are factory style sway bar mounts (1973 up style) front and rear. no sways. The steering rack has "bump steer" kit. The Bilsteins are not the aftermarket type, they are the real Bilstein upside down struts with the split pin at the bottom. This car needs some work, carb not great, Bursch muffler has a baffle loose in the muffler brakes poor, paint marginal. But a great starting point for a good 914 racer, auto crosser, canyon carver or weekend fun for a very low starting price.
MikeInMunich
Looks like an excellent starting point for a very fair price!
Cuda911
^^^ I agree. Should sell fast!
Cuda911
^^^ I agree. Should sell fast!
iwanta914-6
Want!
Perry Kiehl Clone
Great deal!! I've got a nice 2.2S engine that would go nicely with this chassis smile.gif
EdwardBlume
What is the month / year build date?
914ltd
QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 16 2016, 10:45 AM) *

April 1970 on the door tag.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(914ltd @ Sep 18 2016, 07:37 AM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 16 2016, 10:45 AM) *

April 1970 on the door tag.

headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

Im looking for 3/70. Missed 4/70 by 4 weeks.
rustbrandon911
I want if still for sale
914ltd
The interior isn't too bad but there are some rips and snags.
wingnut86
Nice car Brad. How much with a reliable motor & tranny for a 17 year old heading to college:-)
914ltd

You could easily spend the asking price of this car in rust repairs to the average 914.
Brad
daytona
Could someone please buy this car so I don't have to think about it anymore? Please?
Bill.
Shadowfax
QUOTE(daytona @ Oct 1 2016, 07:18 AM) *

Could someone please buy this car so I don't have to think about it anymore? Please?
Bill.

agree.gif Why hasn't this sold yet?
rfuerst911sc
Is white the original color ? I may be interested .
914ltd
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Oct 7 2016, 08:58 AM) *

Is white the original color ? I may be interested .

It is a white, L80E car. I am waiting on payment from a FL. buyer. I hope he doesn't get blown away. Brad
914ltd

Again for sale, yes, the car was white.

No, it wouldn't make a good car for a 17 year old. Please get a few years experience in a car with air bags and ABS brakes.

The latest prospect couldn't justify the cost of shipping.
mepstein
QUOTE(914ltd @ Oct 10 2016, 03:58 PM) *

No, it wouldn't make a good car for a 17 year old. Please get a few years experience in a car with air bags and ABS brakes.

That's silly, the cost of rust repair ads up much quicker.
wingnut86
...definately more than a Ski, Bum...

QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 10 2016, 05:38 PM) *

QUOTE(914ltd @ Oct 10 2016, 03:58 PM) *

That's silly, the cost of rust repair ads up much quicker.

euro911
FUCH ... I don't have room for any more cars, not to mention that my wife would beat me to a pulp if I even suggested ... 'another car' dry.gif

... but damn ... that's a really good deal, even with the transportation cost to the west coast.

I even have a spare '6' sitting here idea.gif

CRAP headbang.gif ... I'm out sad2.gif
daytona
I am losing sleep over this car, but my wife said she would neuter me if I bought another car.
So the question is: At this point in my life; do I really need my nuts???
And, if I trade stuff? does that count as another purchase?
Bill.
jbyron
Pm sent
914ltd
A couple interior pictures
rfuerst911sc
Brad the seller that backed out was he from Florida ? I am in GA. so I would think the shipping would be aprox. the same , by chance do you know what the shipping quote was ?
914ltd

I'll include some extra parts to get you in the drivers seat sooner and cheaper.

VERY SOLID 914!
blackmoon
if I had more garage space I would buy this car
914ltd
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Oct 29 2016, 03:11 AM) *

Brad the seller that backed out was he from Florida ? I am in GA. so I would think the shipping would be aprox. the same , by chance do you know what the shipping quote was ?

I believe it was around $1000. I don't know what shippers he dealt with. Too bad it is not spring, the "snow bird flow" makes for cheaper transport in that direction.
jbyron
Brad, Please hit me back on my last PM when you have a moment.

Thanks,

Jamie
914ltd

Bump
914ltd
I have replaced the rattle box muffler with a nice sounding replacement.
Carb work, it runs better. $4500. Firm but a great price!
914runnow
QUOTE(914ltd @ Sep 27 2016, 05:24 PM) *

You could easily spend the asking price of this car in rust repairs to the average 914.
Brad

agree.gif ..
I spent 4250.00 at the metal surgeon here in town..and another 250.00 for blasting..
BTW that was not floors either..the normal spots....of course the metal surgeon is xlnt work but pricey..still boils down to 4500.00.....oh and hi Brad!! icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.