Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about heater fan in engine bay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rob-O
I'm getting ready to tackle another project, putting on HE's and all the J tubes and warm air guides. I restored the little fan in the engine bay and hooked it up. Works fine. I know that in '74 there was only one outlet on the fan and it went to only o e HE, but I swear I just read somewhere that there was an available attachment/splitter so that you could get two hoses off of the one outlet fan.

I know earlier models had a dual outlet fan, but they were mounted in a different spot in the engine bay. Anyone have pics, or actually seen a splitter for the later fans? Pic of what I have below...
rhodyguy
It's a plastic 'Y' that goes on the fan outlet. The cross over tubing to the pass side j tube is longer.
Rob-O
Ah, I Google'ed it and found a few pics. It looks like Auto Atlanta has them, but I'll try here in the classifieds. I'll bet someone here has one lying around. Pics I found are below.
914fahrer
Hello ,

The VW part number is 461261831 A .Google this number and you found pictures and parts. smile.gif
rhodyguy
better check on availability with ** before ordering. on the PHONE!
Dave_Darling
The splitter was used on the 75-76 cars.

--DD
porschetub
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Sep 17 2016, 02:24 AM) *

I'm getting ready to tackle another project, putting on HE's and all the J tubes and warm air guides. I restored the little fan in the engine bay and hooked it up. Works fine. I know that in '74 there was only one outlet on the fan and it went to only o e HE, but I swear I just read somewhere that there was an available attachment/splitter so that you could get two hoses off of the one outlet fan.

I know earlier models had a dual outlet fan, but they were mounted in a different spot in the engine bay. Anyone have pics, or actually seen a splitter for the later fans? Pic of what I have below...

Nice tidy engine bay,now I know what that spare plug I have is for lol-2.gif
steuspeed
I have the AA kit on my car. It definitely helped with heat and defrost.
Rob-O
Thanks for all the replies, fellas. I've posted in the classifieds and think I've found one.
rhodyguy
Pm sent this AM.
Coondog
One clean engine bay....... smile.gif
sdthomas
I bought the AA kit and thought the splitter did not fit very well--it left a huge gap where it attached to the blower.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.