Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: stupid gas pedal question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
L8Apex
Question about gas pedals. I can't stand this rubber wobblely pedal thing. Would one of those cool aluminum VW pedals fit? the ones with the aluminum hinges? I saw Dick Antoine's car have one, or something similar to it on his car.

HMm... let me find a pic of one.
SirAndy
QUOTE(L8Apex @ Jun 23 2003, 10:51 AM)
Question about gas pedals. I can't stand this rubber wobblely pedal thing. Would one of those cool aluminum VW pedals fit? the ones with the aluminum hinges? I saw Dick Antoine's car have one, or something similar to it on his car.

you can get those aluminum ones for the 914 ...

i just took a factory one apart and guess what,
looks like a cheap old door-hinge to me.
they all rust because the moisture gets under the rubber and then stays there forever.

later,
Andy
L8Apex
Hmm, I thought about a door hinge also. Where would I find one of these pedals?
SirAndy
QUOTE(L8Apex @ Jun 23 2003, 11:03 AM)
Hmm, I thought about a door hinge also. Where would I find one of these pedals?

kellzey got them from AJ-USA
AJ-USA

i've also seen them on the 9x website
9x

later,
Andy
Aaron Cox
thats a lot of money for alumnum pedals rolleyes.gif i like the look tho cool.gif
campbellcj
I have the AJ-USA pedals too. Like 'em a lot.

The factory gas pedal on my car was completely shot when I bought it, so that gave me all the excuse I needed to upgrade to the sporty looking alloy ones cool.gif
seanery
Are these the ones?
Pedals
Are the brake and clutch covers that attach to the factory?

-thanks
L8Apex
yeah, I like those alot. That gas pedal is all I want. I like how it's all aluminum or whatever, and is all hinged too, so it "shouldn't" rust out and get wobblely
Porsche Rescue
If the bushings in your pedal cluster are not fresh your throttle pedal will wobble more than it should. New bushings tighten things up a lot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.