Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can anyone ID this muffler?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jrblackbox
I got this muffler along with a parts car. The tailpipe appears to exit on the right or passenger side, is it a VW bus muffler? It will fit a 1.7.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Tom_T
The sticker in your bottom pic tells you exactly what VW models that it's for.

PS - Since it is a Leistritz OEM NOS, you can probably sell it for a good price on TheSamba.com to one of those VW model owners, but check over there for what it's worth today.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Eric_Shea
agree.gif
Mark Henry
Let me see how the tail pipe is attached.
I think it's a standard VW 411 and 412 muffler, I'd ask $300-350 for it on thesamba.

If it's like the one below it's one year only, rare and maybe worth a little bit more to the right person.
IPB Image

BTW The VW 411 and 412 are the original type 4's whose engine ended up in the 914.
914Sixer
Must be a very late muffler because it has the egr port on it. Probably for a California model bus or car.
jrblackbox
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Sep 16 2016, 11:23 AM) *

Let me see how the tail pipe is attached.
I think it's a standard VW 411 and 412 muffler, I'd ask $300-350 for it on thesamba.

If it's like the one below it's one year only, rare and maybe worth a little bit more to the right person.
IPB Image

BTW The VW 411 and 412 are the original type 4's whose engine ended up in the 914.

Here is a shot of where the tailpipe attaches.Click to view attachment
zambezi
Maybe bus 72-74
https://www.wolfgangint.com/store/product/m...kits-021298001/
Drums66
QUOTE(zambezi @ Sep 16 2016, 01:17 PM) *

........Commonly used on the bus idea.gif
bye1.gif
rhodyguy
Watch the video of the dragster load up linked on their website. smile.gif
maf914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 16 2016, 11:28 AM) *

Must be a very late muffler because it has the egr port on it. Probably for a California model bus or car.

The original 76 exhaust system for my 76 914 had a similar egr exhaust port on the primary muffler. My car was originally from a North Carolina dealer and the egr port was not used, but covered with a small two bolt plate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.