Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A line on Oil lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
Does anyone out there have an opinion (like there aren't any....) on the best system to facilitate the front oil cooler on a conversion? Braded SS on rubber the whole way both ways / custom fabricated hard lines (of what material and diameter.../ or a combonation of hard and flexible (knowing that some flex is necessary in any case.

And, knowing how the factory routed the lines, is that also the best route for a non concours level 914 or is there a better route to and from the engine bay?

Sidebar: Patrick MS sells a really nicely sorted out set of lines and fasteners but I would have to sell my 3.0 6 engine to afford their item.... blink.gif

beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Sep 17 2016, 09:24 AM) *
Does anyone out there have an opinion on the best system to facilitate the front oil cooler on a conversion?

Yes, i do ...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...st&p=893543

biggrin.gif
mmascari
This is how I am running my lines. I purchased everything from PMS and it was pretty expensive. However, they have all the details worked out and even provide a oil system diagram that can be used so you know exactly what parts to purchase. I also just installed the thermostat today as well.
mmascari
Thermostat Install
mmascari
PMS Oil line layout diagram
mepstein
I read a lot of oil cooler and oil line threads, asked knowledgeable people and then put together my own system.
11tenths
Regarding the research of the oil system routing you're doing; here's the setup as came w/my car which addresses your prior question about routing from the engine oil cooler and pipe placement on the cooler (which I sent to PMS to have installed).

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Cheers- Harry
forrestkhaag
Thanks to all for the excellent and concise direction. I am going to go with the original GT routing and use flexible lines where necessary. I can now cut up my on-engine cooler and Tig weld the PMS pipe on to it without screwing up two very expensive parts!! piratenanner.gif

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.