Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rust assessment. Looks like just the front floor pan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carcus
Pics from the underside, frame looks good...looks like just the front floor pan. I have a new piece for that. The frame looks solid. I have not taken off the rocker panels yet. Any opinions or advice would be appreciated. Looking at body work and rust work as next project. I have a few rust bubbles under the paint in the normal areas....just looking at floor pan and frame. There is no gap in the doors. Car feels solid.
carcus
Winter is coming up here in Colorado. Should I just slap some POR on it for now and wait till next spring to get the new front floor pan installed? I just worry about the small rust holes coming through I can not see in the interior of the car. Like I said, I have a replacement front floor pan....but the car will not be driven much in the winter with snow coming. Just under a car cover. I figure slap some POR on it over the rust as a temp fix till Spring, then replace the pan.
rick 918-S
Why not get it in a shop over the winter and have it fixed by spring.
914fahrer
Hello,
the hole in your last picture looks not very good. This is not the floor .This is
the inner longitudinal, that is rusted away .Looks like a hell hole problem and a lot off work.This Car is not solid in this area. sad.gif
Here is a picture from this area without the rear floors

Click to view attachment
dlee6204
QUOTE(914fahrer @ Sep 18 2016, 10:47 AM) *

Hello,
the hole in your last picture looks not very good. This is not the floor .This is
the inner longitudinal, that is rusted away .Looks like a hell hole problem and a lot off work.This Car is not solid in this area. sad.gif
Here is a picture from this area without the rear floors

Click to view attachment

agree.gif except a much bigger circle
cary
This is what you might find after the outer layer of the long is cut away.
It might not be quite this large of and area based on the size of the holes you see.
But you won't know until you open it up.

Click to view attachment

Like Rick said ..................
Might be worth a trip to Denver to see if The Metal Surgeon can get you in this winter.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.