Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear View Mirror Replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
My 914
I need a 914 replacement rear view mirror that does not have to be OEM and wanted to know if anyone knew of a brand that they were happy with in terms of looks and function that they could recommend.
mtndawg
QUOTE(My 914 @ Sep 18 2016, 12:45 PM) *

I need a 914 replacement rear view mirror that does not have to be OEM and wanted to know if anyone knew of a brand that they were happy with in terms of looks and function that they could recommend.

Try a search for a bmw rear view mirror in a 914. I bought one from someone a few years ago and it fit pretty well. I don't have the car any more. Someone else may chime in about the conversion.
kid914
I bought this 2 years ago from eBay. I believe it's a modified BMW mirror. A perfect fit..
Love it to this day.
p.s do a search on eBay. they come up here and there.
Good luck. beerchug.gif
wndsnd
I ordered one from Garold a month or so ago, was a nice used mirror and it installed easily.

My old one wouldn't stay put and vibrated around. Could not be adjusted. this one adjusts and stays where I put it.
Kansas 914
I have bought a few BMW conversions from this guy on eBay (not sure he has any available right now).

http://www.ebay.com/usr/mack914-6
Steve
Local flaps have glue on mirrors similar to the 911 one. I ended up buying a new stock 914 mirror on Amazon. Not cheap, but I wanted the stock look.
My 914
I appreciate all of the advice. The BMW option seems like a good one. Didn't see anything on eBay the last time I looked but I will keep checking.
Frankvw
no connection to this seller, just wanted to inform you
http://www.ebay.com/usr/mack914-6 he has one now for sale again
$56.95 as starting bid, or $75.95 Buy It Now
eBay item number:351848013761

You are bidding on a 914 interior rear view mirror conversion.
Mirror was converted from a BMW interior mirror.
This conversion allows the 914 owner to eliminate the center pivot pins for the sun visors.
Mirror now mounts in its place. Mirror acts a pivot for sun visors, eliminating the glass mounted mirror and gives you a better view of the road with the adjustable BMW mirror. Mirror is in excellent condition. Glass may have minor discoloration around edges. You will be pleased with the overall condition and the improvement this conversion makes on the overall function of a interior rear view mirror. Mirror comes with installation screws. All the fabrication has been done, mirror has been painted and it's ready to install.
Seller accepts PayPal. Buyer pays $11.00 shipping and handling. Good Luck and Happy Bidding
Elliot Cannon
I really like this one. It makes side view mirrors redundant. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.