Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Discussion by People without a Clue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeD
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 18 2016, 04:28 PM) *

"Owned one in the late 70ies. Bright yellow with T tops. [...] Was fairly fast'.

T-tops? Fast? Huh.

(Although I guess if it was a -6 or maybe even a 2.0 it could have been "fairly fast". Thus far I've only ever driven a very un-fast 1.7...)
injunmort
a well meaning bunch, i am a member on that board as well. having said that, most of them know as much about british motorcycles as they do about 914's. these are the same guys that throw away the original amal gp carbs off the goldstars and internationals because they run better with concentric. which is not true btw, gp just harder to set up correctly.
billh1963
One guy posted:

Both the 914-6's and the 911's had bad understeering problems due to the added weight of the six cylinder engine. The 914-6's got beefed up suspension and the early 911's went to a longer wheel base. Adding a V8 I think would make it a death trap.

Then someone said:

You mean oversteer ?

So the guy doubles down...LOL

No, understeer is what I meant. When you turn the wheel but the car doesn't turn. In this case the added weight going forward didn't want to move when you turned.

av-943.gif
poorsche914
If'n y'all take a look at the front hood of at least the first few years of the 914's, you should notice the round front facing area at the center?
That area was intended for a VW emblem. Porsche tooled up, ready to go, assembly line turn switch and run, entire project halted and "scrapped".
confused24.gif

driving.gif
injunmort
ah, i have a '71, a '72 and '74, in the last year, i have cut up a '71 and a '73. i am unfamiliar with this vw emblem area you refer, please embellish for those of us that are less enlightened.^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.