Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RennShift
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
JWest
The RennShift performance shifter is a replacement shifter for 914, 914/6, and 911.

Adjustable centering springs hold shifter in center plane. This gives a “gated” feel to the shift pattern and helps prevent missed shifts.

Available in choice of shift throw reduction of 0%, 20%, and 33% to fit personal style and preference.

The price $395.95 plus shippping.

An optional "pawl" reverse lockout and polished stick and/or base are extra cost features.

Go here for more info and pictures: www.jwesteng.com

I am located in Fort Worth, TX.

Go to the link above for my contact info and to e-mail me.
Dave Cawdrey
Again, the quality is amazing. Haven't used it yet, but I have used the stock shitter wink.gif

This guy had a charity auction for me, AND gave me the shifter pray.gif

Hurry, and get on the waiting list (if you haven't already)

smilie_pokal.gif
JWest
No waiting list now - just order from the website.
Frank Marino
Stupid question removed smile.gif

Thanks,

Frank
Lawrence
Today, I spent a little bit of time installing the sexy Rennshifter in the 914/6.

While the price of admission is WELL WORTH the price. I got a 33% throw reduction. The improvment is incredible. This is a stock 914/6 tailshifter, with all new bushings and the shift fingers on the end of the shift rod were in excellent shape. The feel is what the shifting always SHOULD have been.

www.rennshift.com

-Rusty
VegasRacer
Installation for the Renshift was not at all difficult.
The results are absolutly fan-f*cking-tastic.
Thanks James. ohmy.gif laugh.gif clap56.gif aktion035.gif

Sliced bread had a good long run.
My new benchmark will be "the greatest thing since RennShift".

Today was my first chance to try it on the race track.
I had high expectation - and they were exceeded.
What a great product that preforms exceptionally well.
I repeat - Thanks James! I LOVE IT !!! driving.gif
My shifting confidence level is 100%.
It's fast, it's smooth, it's everything you could dream of.
jgiroux67
What all comes with it?
JWest
QUOTE(jgiroux67 @ Jun 13 2004, 11:03 PM)
What all comes with it?

The RennShift replaces the shifter that is inside the car, sans knob and shift linkage. The factory or aftermarket knob can be used and the RennShift bolts right up to the factory linkage.

The RennShift is not a "short shift kit." It is a complete shifter and is the only replacement Porsche shifter that includes a new, upgraded shifter housing.

Also included is new mounting hardware, shift boot, and an additional set of bias springs for set-up to user preference.
i love porsche
do we buy it as a complete shifter...or do we have to give you our old one?

im planning on getting it within the next month...what % throw reduction should i get?
seanery
I prefer the 30% reduction. I know others who have less and are happy, too.
JWest
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Jun 14 2004, 02:39 PM)
do we buy it as a complete shifter...or do we have to give you our old one?

im planning on getting it within the next month...what % throw reduction should i get?

It is complete and sold outright.
jgiroux67
Would i need to change any of the linkage or bushings or would that not be a good idea?
JWest
QUOTE(jgiroux67 @ Jun 19 2004, 11:18 PM)
Would i need to change any of the linkage or bushings or would that not be a good idea?

That is a VERY good idea. All the bushings need to be in good shape to get the best shifting performance - with or without the RennShift.
Chris Julian
Hey James,

I must agree. The shifter is smooth as silk and the centering springs are awesome. Hey why don't you add a link to the Mr. Gasket/Hurst accessories web page so your customers have an option on the shift stick configuration? I relocated my shifter 3" back and added a straight/shortened shift stick.

Chris Julian
d914
just ordered, any change of getting before next weekend, aug 13,14,15?????

Breaking out the car after along lapse and going to road atlanta....yea haw..!!
914werke
James, if your car is equiped with a console, what is the dimension of the hole that the shifter body fit through ? Also once installed is it centered where the stock chifter would protroude (just larger) or is offset in one direction or the other?
JWest
Centered on the hole.

The polished portion of the housing is 3" diameter. Removing the top collar of the shifter (4 bolts) will allow the console plate (once opened to 3") to fit tight to the polished part of the housing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.