Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How does this seatbelt work?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andrewvolsen
I found this seatbelt in the trunk of a '70 914 I purchased recently. I'm assuming one of these belts is the lap and one is the shoulder, but both cannot be inserted into the buckle at the same time. Am I missing a part or something? The other seatbelt I found in the trunk is a matching style, but a more standard 3 point configuration.
Dave_Darling
The early belts were two pieces, not three like what you show there.

I wonder if that could be the lap belt for the "center seat"?

--DD
Rob-O
agree.gif

Exactly what I was thinking.
GeorgeRud
Looks like the release lever is missing on the female end. Might be tough to get the belt a loose (kudos to Chuck Berry).
gcrotvik
The top receiver and the bottom belt in the picture is the 3 point lap/shoulder belt setup. I believe that's a left 3 point belt setup. The red thumb press is missing.

The center belt (in the picture) is the center lap belt. The receiver (not shown in the picture) is similar to the one shown, but longer and the mounting tag is at a 15 degree (or so) angle (like the mounting tag on the center belt). The center belt and center belt receiver bolts to the L/R 3 point belt mounts on the center tunnel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.