Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Service in LA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
57lincolnman
I recently moved to LA (downtown) and I'm looking for a good garage to do routine service on my 914. Any suggestions? Also, are there any regular gatherings of 914s in SoCal. Thanks.
76-914
There are "cars n coffee" galore in and around the LA area. I never go as they are an hour and a half from me. We are doing the Temecula Wine tour in a week and a half if you'd like to attend. It's listed in the Event's Calendar.beerchug.gif
jor
QUOTE(57lincolnman @ Sep 19 2016, 10:18 PM) *

I recently moved to LA (downtown) and I'm looking for a good garage to do routine service on my 914. Any suggestions? Also, are there any regular gatherings of 914s in SoCal. Thanks.

My local cars/coffee happens every Saturday mornings between about 6:30 and 8:30 am at the movie theater straight off the Verdugo exit of the 2 freeway, where the 2 meets the 210 in Glendale. If you go, you might meet Leamon (heeltoe914), who may help you with maintenance and repairs.

Marco Gerace (TLG North Hollywood) knows 914s. So does Werks II, near Burbank. I'm not familiar with 914 techs closer to downtown LA.

Of all the suggested local techs, I would ask Leamon who does it on the side. Another excellent person who has been working for a good 20 years on 914 is Alex at his Porsche repair shop in Marina Del Ray . Business name: Precision Porsche.
7TPorsh
QUOTE(jor @ Sep 21 2016, 08:04 AM) *

My local cars/coffee happens every Saturday mornings between about 6:30 and 8:30 am at the movie theater straight off the Verdugo exit of the 2 freeway, where the 2 meets the 210 in Glendale. If you go, you might meet Leamon (heeltoe914), who may help you with maintenance and repairs.

Marco Gerace (TLG North Hollywood) knows 914s. So does Werks II, near Burbank. I'm not familiar with 914 techs closer to downtown LA.

YOUR cars n coffee? That's MY cars n coffee.... biggrin.gif I'll share beerchug.gif

I'm there almost every Saturday!

Leamon has a home shop and does repairs and things on the side for club guys. If you want a pro shop try Entirely Exotic Motorsports nearby there in Montrose....ask for Alen, say Gary sent you. Top Porsche wrench; normal rates.

You won't see another shop with 914 art on the wall...at least not in SoCal...
https://www.yelp.com/biz/entirely-exotic-mo...sports-glendale

Click to view attachment
jor
I agree that the Cars/Coffee is yours more than mine - I haven't been in a couple months. I'll be changing that soon. biggrin.gif
Funny post, since its been about 10 years since I visited " My "
Cars and Coffee. Next time I drop by, is there an admission charge these days biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.