Full Version: daughters' @$%@$@#$@# 1.8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
porbmw
Damn
Damn
Damn

Damn 1.8

Now that I have vented.
Planned to have my daughter get more miles under her seat this summer....it had been sitting while she was away at college for 2 years.

Anyway, have an intermittent problem, looks like I need parts....to troubleshoot and fix. VERY rarely, but often enough that she cannot go across a bridge, or on the freeway...it cuts out. Fuel pressure exists, so likely not fuel pump. Injectors seem to work....

Plan A

Need the 2 relays that are below the battery...I believe they are described somewhat as follows...
a)dual relay, and
b)fuel resistor pack. I KNOW that is not likely the proper description, but hopefully it is close enough for "you in the know".

Plan B
If those 2 relays don't work, perhaps get wiring harnessed reconditioned.....Jeff????

Plan C
Computer

Plan D
Carbs

Plan E
Selll the car..this will really frost me, since it is a nice car, and would like to see more young people AND girls driving/enjoying these.

Anyway....

For starters...anyone have the relays...as with the other parts, I gather they are unique to the 1.8

Thanks

Paul

mojorisen914
Let me look tonight. Do you have part #'s for them?
timothy_nd28
I understand the frustrations. Why not diagnose this before randomly buying parts? I'd be happy to assist.

bdstone914
agree.gif
If you do need any of those relay I should have them.
porbmw
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Sep 20 2016, 07:08 PM) *

I understand the frustrations. Why not diagnose this before randomly buying parts? I'd be happy to assist.

Thanks for the offer.
I will confess that I would be of little use in diagnosing...or helping.
My buddy is a Mercedes tech, but has worked on Porsche and vwdubs as his hobby "forever". I think he has narrowed it down about as far as he can, without starting to plug in bits to rule out the defective parts.

I understand he believes the most likely culprit is either the relays...or the wiring harness...with less likelihood on the computer...

So I am hoping the relay swap will do the trick...and if not, I would put odds on the harness...don't know how hard it would be to go thru the entire harness to rule out or better define?

Again, thanks for the offer.

Paul
porbmw
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Sep 20 2016, 03:06 PM) *

The car is at my buddy's shop (relegated now to the outside, in the dark)

He tells me that the "dual relay" (which I gather is very likely unique to the 1.8) has 2 part numbers as follows:

Audi 02290659
and
(likely either VW or Bosch) 0332514102

The "resistor pack" as he calls it, has numbers that are rather indecipherable (but he believes is not likely unique to the 1.8...it is apparently about 2 and 1/2 inches by about 3/4

Thanks
porbmw
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 20 2016, 07:32 PM) *

agree.gif
If you do need any of those relay I should have them.

Hi Bruce

Thanks for the post.

Please see that above two posts.

Appreciate the help from all sources.

Paul
timothy_nd28
So your friend is a part changer? Have him post a thread in the garage, I will walk him through and diagnose to a specific component. The guessing game he's playing could be expensive.
porbmw
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Sep 20 2016, 10:04 PM) *

So your friend is a part changer? Have him post a thread in the garage, I will walk him through and diagnose to a specific component. The guessing game he's playing could be expensive.

will send PM
porbmw
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Sep 20 2016, 03:06 PM) *

Hi
Will send PM
Thanks for offering to look for the parts.
Don't want to inconvenience anyone...ie...more than one person hunting around.
Please let me know if you are able to locate, or have time...and if not, I will ask Bruce if he has time etc.
Again, thanks
Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.