Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ot days project. 0 porsche content
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
jeanne and i went and dug up some roses that the mother of one her students didn't want anymore. getting started.

k
rhodyguy
done with planting. amended and double dug soil.

k
rhodyguy
when the livingroom window is open and the roses are blooming, the aroma should be heavenly.

k
rhodyguy
this is the western exposure on my house. great spot for these flowers. spared the direct sun until after noon and not much wind. the overhead sprinkler systems i use for the rhodys are bad for roses. bruises the flowers, spreads rust and blackspot. i can hand water now. next comes hardwood shavings as a mulch spread around except for the "wells" circling each plant.

k

914werke
So are you workiong on Cars or Roses tommorow?
rhodyguy
long final list on the car. sparkplug wires were delivered this am. ordered from aircooled.net yest am. i was very specific with regards to the phone converstion ordering them. "are the wires on the shelve, ready for shipping, or is it a drop ship?". "yes, we have them on the shelve.". "i want them tomorrow. i'm driving to california next wed. how much is next day delivery?". it was $40 and change via ups. "how much for express delivery, USPS?". it was $17.35 and i had them in about 24 hours delivered to my front door. no note informing me i needed to pick up the package. i called yesterday at 4:00 to make sure they were shipped. i'm a pest.

breakfast with the attorney on monday to prep for a consumer protection lawsuit to be filed when i get home. a cpl lawsuit is awesome in washington. up to 3x the actual damages and attorney fees. haircut after that and wash the car. wash clothes and smoke a BIG spliff on tuesday. what time are you departing on wednesday?

k
914werke
Ahhh. Still thinking after wrk. to arrive in Portland near 9PM
rhodyguy
you're leaving at 3 huh? biggrin.gif room will be under powers. don't carry your sleeping bag. smile.gif

k
rhodyguy
my yard exploded when i was down south.

k
rhodyguy
asdf
Howard
Kevin, give me a bid on shipping your back yard down to my place. That really looks great!
rhodyguy
that's just for starters howard. with your permission i would send some from other areas of the yard to the howard agency for your viewing pleasure. i set the off topic howling/ no p content when i get carried away with the photos.

k
Gint
That's awesome Kevin. Can I fly you out here to landscape my place? rolleyes.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
rhodyguy
mike, i can't take credit for the display. previous owner and his wife ran a propagation nursery. my wife and i visited some friends in silver thorne a few years back and he got me started on columbines. plant what grows wink.gif . lots of varities of coneflowers these days too. you would be welcome to come and see the yard for yourself anytime.

k
Gint
Sharon and I were planning our 10th anniversary trip in September for Seattle/Vancouver, but we may change those plans since WCC06 is in Portland. Don't know yet. If I ever get up that way though, there are a lot of guys I'd like to meet in person in Washington. You're definitely one of them Kevin.

We don't get anything close to the moisture you do. It's pretty damn dry around here and this clay soil is a bitch to get anything to grow in. One of these days...
balljoint
Your yard pics are Masters worthy. Very nice. I think I was being a bit cocky when I planted my Rhodollydenderonies in a full South-West in a zone 5b with plenty-o-winter wind. Plants are hardy. Flower buds, not so much. I am thinking about transplanting to the backyard for winter shelter and morning sun, but I am concerned about the wide and shallow roots that these plants have. Any transplanting tips? The Paw-Paws in the backyard are happy-go-lucky so I'm thinking max-shelter over max-sunshine is best in my climate.
RustyWa
Those photos show like 1/10th of Kevin's yard, if that much. After the rhodys are done blooming, he actually goes out and pinches off all the spent buds....and to think I complain about pinching back my 3 "bushes".

biggrin.gif

He's got a nice yard.
rhodyguy
well...some p content wink.gif . new member jim and his clean 75 or 76. i forget. nice, clean, complete shape for a washington car.

k
rhodyguy
asdf
rhodyguy
perenial beds.
rhodyguy
i love these biguns'.

k
rhodyguy
out the kitchen window.
rhodyguy
asdf
rhodyguy
this area was all overgrown when we bought the place. we're slowly shaping it. moving plants that are getting crowded in other places.

k
rhodyguy
hjkl
rhodyguy
just off the deck
sportlicherFahrer
Hey, thats some nice p-content! biggrin.gif That yard of yours is VERY nice by the way. I only saw the front, but those are some great pics.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.