Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does Anyone Live in Oshkosh, Wisconsin?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Korijo914
Hey teeners,

I am just curious if anyone here lives in Oshkosh, Wisconsin? I have found some one who is selling some pretty cool wheels that I like to put on my bug for rollers, while I am figuring out what to do with my divorce ( yeah, sorry guys. She is not letting me see my boys, bummer). So, I am fixing the bug the way my boy wants his bug to be. So, I need these wheels.

Here they are :

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1965304

If anyone wants to help me out, and maybe try to talk him, and maybe try to haggle him down a little bit? I don't know, if you can or if you don't mind...

Please let me know if anyone lives there and if they don't mind trying to help me (and my boy out?).

I will give anyone who wants to help a few bucks to be the helper!

Thanks for the help, guys!

Korijo ( David Cawdrey )
raynekat
QUOTE(Korijo914 @ Sep 21 2016, 04:04 PM) *

Hey teeners,

I am just curious if anyone here lives in Oshkosh, Wisconsin? I have found some one who is selling some pretty cool wheels that I like to put on my bug for rollers, while I am figuring out what to do with my divorce ( yeah, sorry guys. She is not letting me see my boys, bummer). So, I am fixing the bug the way my boy wants his bug to be. So, I need these wheels.

Here they are :

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1965304

If anyone wants to help me out, and maybe try to talk him, and maybe try to haggle him down a little bit? I don't know, if you can or if you don't mind...

Please let me know if anyone lives there and if they don't mind trying to help me (and my boy out?).

I will give anyone who wants to help a few bucks to be the helper!

Thanks for the help, guys!

Korijo ( David Cawdrey )

If you can't find anyone to help you, I'll bet UPS would come pick them up, pack them up and ship them to you for not too much money. Worth a phone call to see...
Mike Bellis
Why do you want 14" wheels? Tire selection is very limited.
Korijo914
Really, UPS will do that? Has anyone ever done that with UPS?

Thanks, if I can't find someone who lives there, I will try the UPS thing.

Thanks fellas!
Korijo914
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Sep 21 2016, 08:19 PM) *

Why do you want 14" wheels? Tire selection is very limited.

I am going to sell the wheels on the Bug, so I will need some rollers for the bug while I build the bug that my boy really wants. Right now, it is too high for him, and too slow. I just want him to have a cool looking bug when he is driving to high school. He is just starting HS, and then he will be driving next birthday. I want him to learn how to drive in the bug.

Also, the VW Rabbit owners like the 14's.

Thanks tho!!
Frankvw
Can I make a suggestion ?
SInce there are no tires on the rims you want to buy...it is not a bolt on solution.
Why do you not buy a set of cool 15inch rims for the WW at for example cip1.com ? (or any other VW aftermarket store) Then he has a proper set of VW wheels and he can even choose another color then this.... and is not that much more at 89$ a wheel new....
mb911
My cousin lives there and I go through there on my way to my cabin.
Keyser Sose
Re-think those wheels, Dave. They look like old Minilites in style, which would be good, but I don't think they are. I'm also pretty sure there's no SFI category 5.1A (I just checked), and if there was and they were certified it would confirm they aren't Minilites. Plus 14" wheels are a pain in the behind, they aren't going to get the car that much lower to compensate for that pain, and those are pretty expensive for what they are, especially after shipping. I think if you give it a little time (very little) you could do better on all counts closer to home.

rhodyguy
That kind of money for roller wheels and then buy 14" tires to fit? Don't waste your money Dave. Shipping is going to cost you around $70. Having UPS box them up? Much more. Your son won't need a fast bug with grippy tires to drive to school. Who's going to do the work on the car? Who's going to pay for it? Who's going to box and ship the wheels when you TRY to sell them!?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.