Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door Panel Material by Year?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Charles Danek
Hey All -

Can anyone set me straight as to what door panel materials are correct by year?

I recently took advantage of the 914 Rubber's GB special on set of new door panels - I opted for the "early car" basket weave, seeing as my car is a 1970.

The panels arrived last week and they look amazing!!

But I suppose I should have looked to see what was in my car prior to ordering. When I went to see how the new panels would look in my car, I noticed it has plain / no pattern door panel material which appears to be original.

I've been looking online for answers, and I even did a search in this forum, but I couldn't find definitive answers.

Can anyone set me straight on which material patterns are correct for which years?

Thanks!!

Charlie

mepstein
Early cars were plain. I don't think 70 and 71 were the same plain. I think one had more texture but someone else will have to fill in the details.

But its your car, use what you like.
1970 Neun vierzehn
Charlie,
In response to your inquiry regarding 1970 door panels, this photo shows an original, authentic, genuine, OEM door panel on my 1970/4, built January 1970. The vinyl panel is smooth with a moderate "leather" grain finish.

Paul
PancakePorsche
For those who prefer the smooth, Mikey's are outstanding with proper grain, sheen, and great fit. Couldn't be happier. Sounds like his basket weave ones are equally as good.
BTW, my April build 1970/4 has smooth door panels AND seats which many claim was 1971+. The dash face also has bold, twisted rope appearing basket weave I have never seen before. Many subtle differences throughout 1970 interiors.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.