Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: front donuts dimpling floorpan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
I don't have any carpet so it was pretty apparent that my front donuts are kind of pressing thru the floorpan.

I use the front donuts to hold up the front of the car when I have the back jacked way up.

anyone else who uses the front points notice this? I thought my pans were solid, maybe they are not. sad.gif
mskala
Don't exactly know what you mean by 'pressing through'.

When I stripped the floor for the POR-15 treatment 2
years ago, I found that the pan was noticably pushed
up from the front donuts. Before re-painting, I took a
rubber mallet to the area and they went back to flat.

My car had no rust anywhere near that area, it's just
that weak. In retrospect the factory shouldv'e put a
thick triange in that area if the donuts were going there.

machina
QUOTE (mskala @ Apr 17 2005, 02:00 PM)
I found that the pan was noticably pushed
up from the front donuts.

yes, that is what I mean. You can see where the pan deflected up a bit.

guess they don't build 'em like they used to, they build 'em better now. w00t.gif
jgiroux67
You got it alot better than me. That area on the drivers side of mine is rusted through but nowhere else(other than under gas pedal) is rusted. I think dirt and water get stuck up in the jack donut.
URY914
Dave,
Take a 2x6 about 9" long and cut a hole in the middle of it. The hole should be large enough for the donut to fit inside it. When you put the car on jackstands, use the 2x6 and place it at an angle so it is bearing on the seams that are on two side of the donut. This way the seams are carrying the weight and not the donut.

PAul
cdmcse
Every 914 I looked at had the pans pushed up at the front Jack points. Mine did too. I straightened the pans and put in a triangle of 1/4 in steel to brace them. Kind of hard to see, but it is circled in this pic.

Joe Ricard
Hey thats kinda cool. I will try and do this to the stripper after I get the Engman kit intalled.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.