Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FUCHS That Fit Front & Rear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gmelton
I know this topic has been beaten to death BUT there is no definitive answer that says yes these wheels will work or no these wheels don't.
Some people say 16x7's work, others say they don't. i've heard that 23 offset works, and then I read it doesn't. And don't get me started on tire size. 205 works for this guy but it rubs on this guys car.

Here is what I need to know, and I don't want to hear that it's different for every car. It either fits or it doesn't.
I have a 73 1.7 NON-rolled rear. I want to put Fuchs(black) all the way around. I bought some wheel adapters from raceland to change to 5 lug, they look to be 1/2 thick. Wheel Adapters
What size fuchs can I put on my car?
I am looking at Euromeister Alloy Replica Wheel 7x16 (ET23.3) Part #: 65-219213-1.
Will they fit or do I have to go with an expensive 6" wide rim. Does the offset need to be more or less? What size wheel is on your car that works?
Tire size for me would be 195's or 205's which ever one would fit without rubbing.
Sorry to come across like an ahole but I'm so frustrated.

Greg
TheCabinetmaker
I could post a definitive answer and be an ahole in the same sentence. But I won't. hide.gif popcorn[1].gif
mskala
I have about 20 posts on this. All my posts are correct and all those who disagree
or have a different experience are wrong biggrin.gif

If you are using adapters that are 1/2" thick, then you will need 13mm more
offset than everybody else to get the same result.

QUOTE(gmelton @ Sep 22 2016, 12:30 PM) *

I know this topic has been beaten to death BUT there is no definitive answer that says yes these wheels will work or no these wheels don't.
Some people say 16x7's work, others say they don't. i've heard that 23 offset works, and then I read it doesn't. And don't get me started on tire size. 205 works for this guy but it rubs on this guys car.

Here is what I need to know, and I don't want to hear that it's different for every car. It either fits or it doesn't.
I have a 73 1.7 NON-rolled rear. I want to put Fuchs(black) all the way around. I bought some wheel adapters from raceland to change to 5 lug, they look to be 1/2 thick. Wheel Adapters
What size fuchs can I put on my car?
I am looking at Euromeister Alloy Replica Wheel 7x16 (ET23.3) Part #: 65-219213-1.
Will they fit or do I have to go with an expensive 6" wide rim. Does the offset need to be more or less? What size wheel is on your car that works?
Tire size for me would be 195's or 205's which ever one would fit without rubbing.

Greg

N_Jay
QUOTE(gmelton @ Sep 22 2016, 11:30 AM) *

Greg

Cars of the era of the 914 built at Karman had a lot more hand work and fitting than modern cars.

If you want to make sure it fits start with the standard size wheel.

In GENERAL, 195s seems to fit most all cars and 205's seem to be a mix.

I am running 205 on 16" (I believe 15x7 but could be 15x6) cookie cutters.
I an not sure of the offset.

I will try to measure later.

This might help you

http://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

EDIT: Forgot to mention mine are mounted directly to 5 lug hubs with no spacers
Chris914n6
7s will definitely not fit with spacers in the rear.

Stock wheels were 5.5x15 et40 and fit 205s. Measure your cars rear wheel well clearance and do the math since you don't like the truth that there is no definite answer.
brant
6inch fuchs without the adapter will be a guaranteed fit
everything else is not a guarantee...

if you run an adapter, you probably need a 5.5 wheel...
the fuch version of that wheel was made only about one year and probably go for 1k a piece at this point.

is that the answer you want?
gmelton
So it sounds like I'd be better off with an aftermarket wheel or something other than a fuchs, for expense reasons.
Thank you, gentleman, for the advice. This is very helpful.
N_Jay
QUOTE(gmelton @ Sep 22 2016, 12:34 PM) *

So it sounds like I'd be better off with an aftermarket wheel or something other than a fuchs, for expense reasons.
Thank you, gentleman, for the advice. This is very helpful.

What is your goal and what is your budget?

brant
or convert your bolt pattern without adapters and don't give up that needed extra space
gcrotvik
Here's what I know based on the measurements I have taken on my 74.

I have a set of 15x6 Fuchs with a 36 MM offset, with Vredstien Sprint Classic 165HR15 tires. I will call this “my setup.” The front wheels, with my setup will fit with a 15 MM spacer leaving a 15 MM (+/-) gap between the face of the tire and the front inner fender lip. The maximum spacer I can use in the rear is 7 MM, leaving a 5 MM gap between the face of the tire and the rear inner fender lip.

So, based on my car, wheel and tire choice (my setup), you could use the 13 MM spacers/adapters in the front, but not the rear. The rear tires would not fit under the fender, or at least rub.

Early cars do not have rolled inner fender lips like later cars do. I do not know what the exact difference there is.

Again, as others have stated, your car may be different and what works on my car may not work on yours.

Greg
gmelton
My goals are to get fuchs replicas 7x16 or 7 x 15 Replica Campagnolo 40802 Campagnolo Replica Wheel on my car without having to send them back because I didn't do my homework. Money has a lot to do with it as well. It's not cheap to change over to 5 lug discs. And I don't want to drill into my existing discs.
N_Jay
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Sep 22 2016, 12:47 PM) *

Here's what I know based on the measurements I have taken on my 74.

I have a set of 15x6 Fuchs with a 36 MM offset, with Vredstien Sprint Classic 165HR15 tires. I will call this “my setup.” The front wheels, with my setup will fit with a 15 MM spacer leaving a 15 MM (+/-) gap between the face of the tire and the front inner fender lip. The maximum spacer I can use in the rear is 7 MM, leaving a 5 MM gap between the face of the tire and the rear inner fender lip.

So, based on my car, wheel and tire choice (my setup), you could use the 13 MM spacers/adapters in the front, but not the rear. The rear tires would not fit under the fender, or at least rub.

Early cars do not have rolled inner fender lips like later cars do. I do not know what the exact difference there is.

Again, as others have stated, your car may be different and what works on my car may not work on yours.

Greg

Put it all into the calculator I posted.

http://www.wheel-size.com/calc/
JmuRiz
911R offset should work with 15 or 16x7 wheels.
My 16x6 fuchs with 205 tires fit fine all around, but I do know I have some room on the side portion when looking at my car up on a lift.
gcrotvik
QUOTE(gmelton @ Sep 22 2016, 11:07 AM) *

My goals are to get fuchs replicas 7x16 or 7 x 15 Replica Campagnolo 40802 Campagnolo Replica Wheel on my car without having to send them back because I didn't do my homework. Money has a lot to do with it as well. It's not cheap to change over to 5 lug discs. And I don't want to drill into my existing discs.

Look at the conversion setup on PMB. Maybe it's not as a expensive as you thought.

http://www.pmbperformance.com/catalog/item...565/9746772.htm
JamesM
QUOTE(gmelton @ Sep 22 2016, 10:07 AM) *

ET36 is a perfect offset for a 7" wheel IF you were not running adapters/spacers. Allows you to run a 205 tire on a narrow body car.

If the adapter is 13MM that brings you back to ET23, may be able to squeak by with 6" wheels and skinny 165 tires.

Is this purely a cosmetic addition? Personally If I wanted to go 5 lug fuchs on a narrow car I would get the rotors/hubs drilled as changing the offset changes your scrub radius (impacts handling)
JamesM
dbl post
Mueller
QUOTE(JamesM @ Sep 22 2016, 12:39 PM) *

QUOTE(gmelton @ Sep 22 2016, 10:07 AM) *

ET36 is a perfect offset for a 7" wheel IF you were not running adapters/spacers. Allows you to run a 205 tire on a narrow body car.

If the adapter is 13MM that brings you back to ET23, may be able to squeak by with 6" wheels and skinny 165 tires.

Is this purely a cosmetic addition? Personally If I wanted to go 5 lug fuchs on a narrow car I would get the rotors/hubs drilled as changing the offset changes your scrub radius (impacts handling)

I'm 99% sure swapping over to 911 front suspension and correct /6 rear hubs there is no track change so no need to worry about the scrub radius issue.

No factory 7 inch wide Fuchs besides the 911R rim will fit under the stock rear fenders (no issues up front)

No Fuchs and adapter combo will work under stock rear fender.

No adapters, stick with 6" wide Fuchs or pony up for 911R (real or replica) or get those 15x7 Campagnolo replicas in the correct offset (not 23mm!)
gmelton
JamesM that makes sense to me. I now understand.
That's what I needed to hear.

Thank you
gmelton
Mueller you said No Fuchs and adapter combo will work under stock rear fender.
Is this true?
rhodyguy
See what Cip1.com has to offer. For street duty I think their wheels will be fine. sixnotfour has a set of their 17" on his narrow body 6. You can prob get away for $600ish with free shipping.
carr914
I have 16's on this 73. 1" Spacers on the Front, none on the back. With your Spacers, you might be able to get 7s in the back but it will be tight. Will probably need a tire like a 195/40/16

Click to view attachment
carr914
QUOTE(gmelton @ Sep 22 2016, 02:07 PM) *

Rear 5 Lug is not that expensive (Drilled for 5 Lug) and you could put a 4 to 5 adaptor in front
billh1963
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Sep 22 2016, 03:14 PM) *

QUOTE(gmelton @ Sep 22 2016, 11:07 AM) *

Look at the conversion setup on PMB. Maybe it's not as a expensive as you thought.

http://www.pmbperformance.com/catalog/item...565/9746772.htm

This and 6x16 Fuchs all around running 205/55-16's and you'll be golden
raynekat
Ditch the adapters.

Google Group 4 Wheels and look at their 15x7R wheels with the ET49 offset.
Think 15x6 Fuchs with an extra inch of offset towards the inside.

These are replicas, but look to be nicely done.
Not an inexpensive solution though.
Mueller
QUOTE(gmelton @ Sep 22 2016, 01:22 PM) *

Mueller you said No Fuchs and adapter combo will work under stock rear fender.
Is this true?

Correct.

gmelton
I now believe that the adapter thing is not going to work for what I want. I'll figure something out.

I appreciate all of the replies.
Greg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.