Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Restorable Classic from AA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SLITS
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=10076

1. Why are they always full of leaves?

2. Is that the long laying on the ground?

3. The dash is crack free!

4. Ooooooo Diamond Tuck & Roll

5. wacko.gif
azbill
That is not even a parts car. What a joke. If its restoreable let George do it.
skline
I have one in better condition you could have for free.
carr914
If AA has any wonders why it's reputation takes hit after hit all it has to do is take a look (and listen) to it's own ad. "honesty and pride for over 30 years" I say get a real life George. and if you want to get rid of that piece of oxide, take the 2 remaining usable parts off it, give them to someone who really cares about 914's and then dispose of that piece of S... and quit disturbing the environment by letting this car rot into the Georgia soil.
SLITS
Crusin eBay is fun.....guess who again....

"Get it running easily (and pass smog lol2.gif )
GWN7
Well it's better than the first one. Between the two you'd get 1/2 a car.
Allan
Very straight needs the typical battery area repair.

Huh? wacko.gif
p914
That one pic of the front trunk looks like it has a commode built in. dry.gif hmmmmmmmm screwy.gif flipa.gif Now that 's a new idea! happy11.gif idea.gif
Brad Roberts
It is "just" advertising. They *probably* dont give a crappola about selling this car. Just running the Ebay ad will generate phone calls/emails about other parts. It works every time.

B
Dave_Darling
Hey, he's got yet another ebay ID... laugh.gif I wonder why he switched again?? wink.gif

--DD
Joe Bob
Did ya hear the voice over on the ad???? blink.gif
phantom914
QUOTE (SLITS @ Apr 17 2005, 07:40 AM)
Crusin eBay is fun.....guess who again....

"Get it running easily (and pass smog lol2.gif )

Is that the rare moss carpet option?

Andrew
scottb
it has the ultra rare tuck and roll option.... that alone is worth the asking price!

flipa.gif barf.gif
dlo914
is that what the interior material design was? tuck n hurl?
SirAndy
well, truth is, when we first got "Blacky" it looked kinda similar (sans the moss) ...
nothing a good acid dippin' can't fix ...

smash.gif Andy
Red-Beard
I like the tree growing through the headlight... smilie_pokal.gif
Series9
I can not wait to meet Mr. Treadway in person at the WCC.

If only George were coming... mad.gif
carreraguy
I really like the way they imply AA is responsibile for the increased interest in 914's! We all know who is responsible for that - all of us on this website!
Dominic
They crush cars that are ten times better than that every day on the West Coast. ar15.gif AA Rusted Crap!
Brando
Hmm... excellent car?

buh-buh-buh-buh-BULLSHIT...

Agreed with other posts here... Take what's barely left off and CRUSHINATE it.
MattR
"the booming 914 restoration hobby!"

really?
butch
Porsche 914s. Everybody loves them. Everybody wants them. The 914 renaissance is underway like nothing ever seen before in history, with home hobbyists worldwide bringing these fabulous drivers back to life. With the parts demand so high and the European exchange rate ridiculous, restoration is becoming very cost prohibitive. That's why we at Automobile Atlanta, 914 World Headquarters, have decided to open our 914 storage facility and get these cars out where they belong, into the restorers garage. We are always here for you, the 914 enthusiast, with the best in parts, detailed technical advice, and of course our mutual love and respect for these fine machines, so don't hesitate to call. Now is the time for all 914 enthusiasts to restore their dream 914 and make it a reality.

Ya gotta love that.
SLITS
QUOTE (butch @ Apr 18 2005, 04:04 PM)
Porsche 914s. Everybody loves them. Everybody wants them. The 914 renaissance is underway like nothing ever seen before in history, with home hobbyists worldwide bringing these fabulous drivers back to life. With the parts demand so high and the European exchange rate ridiculous, restoration is becoming very cost prohibitive. That's why we at Automobile Atlanta, 914 World Headquarters, have decided to open our 914 storage facility and get these cars out where they belong, into the restorers garage. We are always here for you, the 914 enthusiast, with the best in parts, detailed technical advice, and of course our mutual love and respect for these fine machines, so don't hesitate to call. Now is the time for all 914 enthusiasts to restore their dream 914 and make it a reality.

Ya gotta love that.

Porsche 914s. Everybody hates them. Nobody wants them. The 914 renaissance is underway like nothing ever seen before in history, with home hobbyists worldwide bringing these rusty non-drivers back to life. With the parts demand so high and the European exchange rate ridiculous, restoration is becoming very cost prohibitive. That's why we at Automobile California, 914 World Headquarters, have decided to open our 914 storage facility and get these cars out where they belong, into the crusher's machines. We are always here for you, the 914 enthusiast, with the rustiest in parts, shitty technical advice, and of course our mutual hate and lack respect for these fine machines and their owners, so don't hesitate to call. Now is the time for all 914 enthusiasts to crush their dream 914 and buy a Honda.

greg.treadway
Wow!! For a bunch of so-called 914 enthusiasts you guys are so negative and full of hate it amazes me. What a shame!!
Joe Bob
Yeah....we are a bit nasty...but why don't you do something about it?

There are lot people here that know you guys have stuff that some 914 suppliers don't...but they don't buy because of all the stories on the 'net about shipping wrong parts, shipping costs that are overly high, surly telephone sales staff, less than satisfactory return history....

I mean "I" can go on....you would have to be blind and deaf not to have heard these stories before.

"I" have never bought from you...but I DID call way back in the early days of the internet before you had an 800.....one of your guys said on an open phone line...."let him wait, he's calling from California, screw him.....not the kind of comment that would endear any customer loyalty....

Just an observation.... idea.gif

Dr Evil
Greg,
I just got the seals that I bought from you/AA today. They look just fine. I can't wait to fit them to my car, but for repros they look like I should have no problems. Thanks for hooking it up.

I am not sure who writes the ads for AA, but as far as my personal experience is concerned regarding business with Greg, I am satisfied. I contacted him directly and discussed my concerns about thing sthat have happened to other people and he promised nothing but good service and parts, and he has since delivered.

Just thought that I would post some positive. I can't speak for all of the AA gang, but Greg has been a stand up guy with me.

Thanks again smilie_pokal.gif
BIGKAT_83
agree.gif

I really think Greg is the best thing that has happened to AA in along time. I've talked with him o a couple of times and he seems like a great guy.
greg.treadway
Thanks for the good comments guys. It is nice to hear good feedback. Contact me directly and if I don't deliver then burn me at the stake.

As for the ebay cars, I think it can only help the enthusiasm. I will point out that they are not on my ebay account -- greg.treadway. George hired another Greg to do some ebay and he took over one of our other ebay accounts.

william harris
Here's another vote of confidence for Greg. When my car was in the paint booth and a certain "Restoration" shop wouldn't answer the phone for three weeks, Greg came thru and had the outer rocker panels (steel ones) delivered on time and saved my butt. Anyway, we know what is good and sometimes bad about AA, George is running a business and I for one think the whole 914 community would be a very different place if AA hadn't come along when it did. Anyway, thanks Greg and more orders are coming from me this week. beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
"tuck" rolleyes.gif . it's "tufted", to be correct, in the upholstery world.

k
balljoint
QUOTE (SLITS @ Apr 17 2005, 11:15 AM)

3. The dash is crack free!

The dash may be crack free, but is it weeeed free. laugh.gif

Get it? Huh? Get it? Come on, bag of weed in the vent, yup yup, weeds growing up from the floorboards hah hah hah............oh crap...nevermind.

r_towle
QUOTE (greg.treadway @ Apr 18 2005, 08:44 PM)
Thanks for the good comments guys. It is nice to hear good feedback. Contact me directly and if I don't deliver then burn me at the stake.

As for the ebay cars, I think it can only help the enthusiasm. I will point out that they are not on my ebay account -- greg.treadway. George hired another Greg to do some ebay and he took over one of our other ebay accounts.

That is the kind of statement I have been waiting to hear.

I never had a huge horror story, but did have alot of trivial customer service issues...PP just was easier to deal with..

I built me first car out of AA...they were the only ones at the time I could find....never burned me...spoke with George several times, always on the phone when I asked for him...

Greg, good luck, buy Kevlar and Enjoy the WCC...

R
SLITS
QUOTE (greg.treadway @ Apr 18 2005, 05:21 PM)
Wow!! For a bunch of so-called 914 enthusiasts you guys are so negative and full of hate it amazes me. What a shame!!

Sorry Greg....if AA puts a piece of shit up for sale and describes it in "glowing terms", AA deserves all the shit everyone can dump in one spot.

Now, if the ad (s) were written truthfully, it would be a different story.

I bought from AA twice, via the internet. It won't happen again. I will do without before I send money for used parts advertised as new.

We trade/sell amongst each other and I have not seen anyone blow their crap that far out of reality. Whomever you have to tell to take a truth pill...do so..'cause I doubt that we will back off if AA's material continues to be misrepresented.

Dave_Darling
QUOTE (greg.treadway @ Apr 18 2005, 05:44 PM)
George hired another Greg to do some ebay and he took over one of our other ebay accounts.

I didn't realize that; you have my apologies for the remark about that on the other recent thread.

--DD
tat2dphreak
no offense to greg, but this one is an ebay POS...

can't you at least get someone to get all the sticks and leaves out before you post pics of it... the thing is hideous and rusty!

I did find one part that is rust free:

user posted image
greg.treadway
Dave, please no offence taken in the slightest.

As for the POS cars on ebay - "one man's gold..." as they say. If someone buys em, good. Then they find a good home. If it inspires someone to list their car on ebay that one of us find that we might not have, that's good too. If all of them sell for $1000 a piece then that means our personal cars must be gold! That's good too. I don't mind good natured ribbing - it's all part of the game.

Again, thanks for the good comments everyone. And those with bad - try me. For club members that contact me directly I give 5% discount off listed prices.

We're leaving shortly for WCC - I look forward to seeing you all there. Is there anything I should bring that anyone would like to see in person? Parts-wise...
Yoei66
Hey, can't we all get along? In my so far short sentence here in 914 world (four months) I have ordered from AA three times. Each time I was on my cell phone, and didn't have the part numbers in front of me. Every one of the times I have found AA staff to be helpful & courteous, my order was shipped on time, new parts were new, I was notified ahead of time about used parts, and I have been happy with the products & technical advice. Perhaps I'm batting 1000, but I haven't had a bad experience with AA yet.
Root_Werks
I think Greg has done well so far. When I ordered my flares I got straight answers from Greg which was nice. It was the first time I had done business with AA in a looooong time. I would go back, but go through Greg for future purchases myself. smile.gif
jfort
THE Mr Treadway? I think Treadway may be from Findlay OH, my hometown, where they have a Chrysler dealership.
Lou W
I just installed my new trunk floor from AA, I was very happy with the purchase, product, etc. I've bought numerous parts from them. Never had any problems, very prompt and helpful, I intend to buy from them again. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.